what should I do first cardio or resistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you Java, it's all about the math!

Comment

Just to say thanks for all this wonderful info! - My problem at the moment is regulating my food intake now I'm exercising more and not drinking. Having been used to a liquid diet for many years I now have to watch what I eat carefully - at the moment it's not going so well as I grab a packet of crisps too easily! At the moment I'm trying to work at least every other day - but as a rotation - gym/cycling/running - I'm aiming to train to run a half marathon if the hips will cope so the schedule will change, but for the moment I really like the variety.

Happy excercising everyone, and thanks again for this useful information - I'm saving it now!
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

wow, this is such a complex and interesting thread. the hardest thing for me is boredom. I HATE going to the gym. some crowded place that smell like stale pee. ick!
        but some people live for it and I guess that's the point, to find something you'll stick with. For me it's jiu jitsu because it's fun and interesting for me. Java you refered to these calorie counting websites....any link/s in particular you would share? Thanks!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

i did weight training and cardio for years and lost some weight but honestly it wasn't til i started doing an hour of bootcamp 4 times a week that the toning, weight loss and definition came on. i think because of the resistance training and intense cardio non stop for an hour. so i'm a big fan of zen bootcamp.
          :welcome:

Comment

Zen bootcamp, barbie? Please explain.

thank you.

Comment

well, most bootcamps i found were run by military trainers. not for me. i found one that was more wholistic, run by a zen master. so we did circuit training non stop, beach training, cardio drills, even play tag, dodge ball, so fun, drills. so the body keeps engaged, different intervals, working with the bands so the muscles are getting worked out and resistant training. i just have a great time, fun, and keep the heart rate pumping, oh yeah and throw in that stair way too. gotta have that. and do that for an hour. sonkicamp.com is what i found but i'm sure there are plenty around
              :welcome:

Comment

You can go to Prevention.com or msn health or runnersworld.com

Daily Calorie Calculator

that is the link i copied and pasted, it is from prevention.com if it doesnt work just go to prevention.com and type in daily calorie intake calculator and it will be the first option.
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thanks Java!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

...and delayed thanks to Buffy for great info... :thanks:

Otie

Comment

Thanks all for your help.

Buffy I spoke to another instructor and they said that if I want to burn fat I should go straight to cardio from warm up!!!!!

Gitawine
                      I have noticed a slight difference in weight, but I will definately be alternating my work out. Maybe I might see a better result.

Comment

I rest my case....hahahah

Comment

Working...
                        X