A Fitness Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fitness Journal

Tried pool running today. A flotation belt around your waist and run in the deep end of the pool. I did it for 45 minutes. It was pretty cool once I got use to it. A good cardio workout but no impact.

5K in the morning. Weather is suppose to be great...

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Greetings everyone,

How are you doing LC?

1 hour run today. I feel great!

Warm regard's to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Y'all! I've been tired as hell. I ran 3 mi. at elevation and did lunges this weekend. Today I ran/walked for 3, but I should have probably just walked. I'm ready to have more energy. Haven't lifted a weight since two weeks ago. Great job everyone!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Ran the 5K Saturday, swam Sunday and today. I don't know if I will be able to do anything tomorrow....I have a full day scheduled.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

I've been running an hour every morning while on vacation in the mountains. Except for breathing a bit of smoke from distant forest fires occasionally, it's been great. (And I stayed sober while every one else partied like there was no tomorrow. Quite an experience to hang with people I formerly would have been drinking with.)
            Cheers, all.
            RedJib
            Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

A Fitness Journal

This is a really great thread. Glad to see everyone doing so well. I really think exercise is a great catalyst when getting AL out of your life. I've just returned to MWO after a few weeks away. Keen to get back on track and get running again.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Petrelhead;1692741 wrote: This is a really great thread. Glad to see everyone doing so well. I really think exercise is a great catalyst when getting AL out of your life. I've just returned to MWO after a few weeks away. Keen to get back on track and get running again.
                Good to see you Petrel.

Just back from an easy 1 hr run. Blue sky's and a gentle breeze just added to the tremendous ambience!

How you doing LC? :hiya:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi G-Man! Hi everyone!:hiya:
                  I am happy to see wonderful people keeping on with their fitness plans.
                  I haven't been very successful, I'm afraid. Reading back to the the first of July makes me sad today. I am again on day 1 of not drinking and as far as exercise goes probably won't do more than a walk today. My plan is to be back tomorrow and to be consistent with exercising and posting in this journal. I won't give up.
                  Petrel, like you said in the Nest, there is no place in a healthy lifestyle for alcohol! Glad you are here. Glad you are all here!!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

lifechange;1692804 wrote: Hi G-Man! Hi everyone!:hiya:
                    I am happy to see wonderful people keeping on with their fitness plans.
                    I haven't been very successful, I'm afraid. Reading back to the the first of July makes me sad today. I am again on day 1 of not drinking and as far as exercise goes probably won't do more than a walk today. My plan is to be back tomorrow and to be consistent with exercising and posting in this journal. I won't give up.
                    Petrel, like you said in the Nest, there is no place in a healthy lifestyle for alcohol! Glad you are here. Glad you are all here!!
                    Yay! :goodjob: on Day 1.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

G man, thanks! Glad to see you racking up the days and staying fit. It all goes together so well. Just have to stay focused and tough it out in the down days.

Life change, like you, I'm starting over again, but feeling really good about it. I'm really looking at the big picture this time. Not just no Al, but improved diet (it was never bad, but I want it better) consistent fitness and an overall happier me. I think these forum discussions are a healthy environment to help that plan.

When I started here in February this year, I gave myself a 4 month plan to quit Al, and train for my first marathon. I had a few slip ups with drinking, but only short ones and completed my first marathon on July 6. I'm now keen to start training again for another event. Still looking for an event in about 2 months time. So I'll stay close to your thread and hopefully we will all stay motivated together.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

So today I exercised my brain with gratitude and positive thinking!
                        And I rode my bike to buy groceries and did about 10 minutes of stretching.
                        I'm going to bed early and will get up for a morning run--

Petrel, great to hear that you're feeling so positive. That's a super place to be-- I look forward to hearing more about what you're doing..

Comment

A Fitness Journal

It was raining cats and dogs this morning so I did some yoga in the living room.
                          Man, when I was a few years younger, it didn't matter what the weather was like, I just got out and ran. That is a definite goal in my sober life. I am going to give it a week or two to get back to a somewhat normal workout plan. I am soooo tired...!
                          How is everyone else?

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Lifechange. Ditto for me. Wet & cold here, but I won't stress. Saturday tomorrow. I will have time to get started then. Good luck & I'll let you all know how I go.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

I'm still soooo tired, so my exercise today was running around at work, a nice, leisurely bike ride home and... that's about it. To bed early to catch up on some much needed rest.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

I just did 40 minutes, 6 km on the treadmill. It's raining here. I felt good, so plan to do 1 hour and some upper body circuit work tomorrow. I will run in the rain.

I hope everyone is going well

Comment

Working...
                                X