A Fitness Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fitness Journal

Today I did 2 hours of heavy duty cleaning, moving things around, etc. and had to have a nap afterwards.:H I slept for 11 hours last night and woke up refreshed and inspired to work on eating better-- so I went to the farmers market for lots of fresh veggies, some low fat protein, threw away the rest of the cheap, nasty ice cream I had in the freezer and concentrated on eating well. I'm eating every 3 hours or so (which is also how often getting I'm hungry), small "meals" to make sure I have the stable blood sugar/brain capacity needed to make smart decisions. So far so good-- cutting out the bready/wheaty carbs and sugar and I'm already feeling better than I did yesterday.
    Out for a walk as soon as the rain stops--I know, I know, Petrel! By the way, where do you live?
    Later I'll do some yoga with my daughter.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi life change. Good name choice by the way. Sounds like you've done a bit of research on diet and are implementing that well. I try to be careful with diet. I think my diet quality is good. Just have to watch quantity at times. A bit like a void has to be filled when not drinking. Exercise certainly helps with that.

I'm in Australia. It's still winter here. It normally doesn't get very cold in the north of the country where I am, but we're getting unseasonal rain at present.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Well it rained all night, but the sun came up and the sun is shining. A beautiful day now.
        Ran for an hour this morning. So glad I did.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hello! Petrel, I won't compare your hour to my 15 minutes!!
          I'm just happy I went running yesterday. Felt like I had bricks in my shoes.
          I have been able to keep my nutrition in check which has already improved the way I feel. I'm still very tired, but my gut feels better. Will continue on the same today and plan to make it into the gym by the end of the week.
          Lots of sleep, and naps when needed, lots of water with lemon, good proteins, tons of veggies, keeping the carbs pretty low until I really begin exercising again. And staying completely away from the simple carbs and sugars.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Lifechange. Well done with the 15 minutes. Just keep the momentum going.

I sometimes wonder whether the lethargy we experience with improving our diet is a detoxification process. If so, it should pass if we maintain it. It sounds like you're well on the way.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

An active day behind me now. Ran for 75 minutes, biked for an hour, and worked out at the gym for 45 minutes or so. AF makes it all so much easier to do.
              Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Nice one Redjib. I did a 30 min run this afternoon. Easing back into it ATM.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Whoops; overdid it a bit yesterday. Ran for 90 mins, biked fast for an hour, and paddled (ocean kayak) for at least that long. Sorta tired today, but it's a good tired, not like hangover-exhaustion.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Where's the fitness group this week? C'mon you all, let's celebrate being AL-free, with running, jumping, whatever gets us breathing hard!

I'm going for a mornng run at easy pace (10k or so), then biking 20k to work later.

All this exercise has sure helped my legs and lungs, but I have to admit that it has made almost zero difference to my poor-sleep problem. Many of you have reminded me that this can take time--months--to get sorted out, and I'm still very hopeful. In the meantime, run, bike, stretch...repeat.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hey Redjib. I just ran an hour in the rain. Felt great. I wasn't wearing my garmin, but between 11 and 12 km. I hope to increase the mialege next week.

I'm sure sleep will improve. Exercise will always help with that.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

An hour of kung fun last night. Back at three days sober so between that and last night's training I'm wiped this morning. Need to pick up the pace however. (schedule wise)
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Fitness Friends!

You are all doing so well at getting moving-- some pretty far distances there. Red, it's great you're able to bike the 20km to work. And you're racking up the km with your running.. did you say you're training for a race?

Petrel, great that you got out in the rain! And adding on to the mileage again--I've heard that can be difficult after completing a marathon. I look forward to hearing about your continued program.

Orimus, first of all, congrats on 3 days, and good for you for being so active with your kung fu and qi gong. What do you mean about needing to pick up the schedule a bit?

I have been feeling a bit better as far as tiredness goes-- began taking a multi vitamin on Friday. Tomorrow begins day 1 of a work out plan I've formulated. In theory it's good, we'll see how it works out in practice! Will go to the gym in between taking the girls to school and heading to work. Nutrition plan will remain the same-- a lot of fresh veggies and fruits, some smoothies, protein including hemp powder, sugar and simple carbs are out the window-- as I do feel better without them in my system..

Look forward to seeing you all here this week. You do inspire me-- now it's time to put some fire under my butt..

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Petrel,

Nope, not training for a race, though I try to run and cycle as if I were, just to keep up the cardio fitness. When I've tried pursuing exercise for competitive reasons in the past, I've always become bored...and I have to be cautious about turning AL-dependence (ahem, obsession) with fitness-obsession! Cheers.

12k run this morning, after a short sleep and very long shift at work. It was nevertheless a breeze, and that surely would not have been the case when I was still drinking. Yeah!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Went to the gym and swam for an hour. I feel good and am looking forward to bed....

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Went to the gym and swam for an hour. I feel good and am looking forward to bed....

Comment

Working...
                                X