Barb, tell me more about Weight Watchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya, Yes Weight Watchers Works - BUUUUUT you have to stick to the plan you choose ie counting points or the full choice (I can't remember the name of the 'full choice' one as I have always counted points). I have lost 3 stone and am feeling fabby. I think if you can bond with your leader then you will keep going, mine is so entertaining that I really look forward to my meetings. You get weighed in private and in UK you get a sticky silver seven to stick onto your card for every 7 pounds lost, you get a colourful stone for every stone lost, a keyring at 10% bodyweight lost and lots of encouragement and support. When you reach your goal weight you no longer have to pay to attend. In UK the weekly charge has recently gone up to ?5.50 per week. I have tried them all - Atkins, etc etc etc and found WW to be the only one that I have stuck with, probably because no food is banned, you can have what you want as long as you count it in to your weeks points allowance. Good luck. PS - our Leader rings a bell when ever someone reaches their GOAL weight but certainly not every time you get weighed - jeez I would run a mile - lol.

L

L
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Sorry - you've been calling and I have been absent. I am up to my eyeballs and am waiting for to start a presentation that looks to be a "no show" on the computer.

Mona, you walk in and say, "Hi, I'm new". Tell them you have never been a member before. They will have you fill out paperwork after you decide how to join. The current joining fee is $40, $13 a week thereafter. We have a special going on in AZ for $65 for the first five weeks. This waves the joining fee, making it $13 a week. I am not sure how much longer this is going on, but we always have some kind of a special going on.

You never have to say a word if you don't want to. The meeting should be a "discussion" format. We have a different topic every week. Each leader has a different "take" on it. If I have a group that doesn't feel like talking, I end up doing most of the talking - no problem. At the end of the meeting, the leader will explain how the program works.

PM me if you have a question. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to get any lower than the "general discussion" category".

Comment

Rot, LOL about the "wino plan". I keep telling them if we served alcohol that attendence would be much higher.

Comment

Barb some folks just don't get it do they?
          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi .... Lots of lovely kitties on this thread! ...... The Weight Watchers websites have message boards that are free. You can ask questions and get lots of information from them, ideas on how to cut back by changing to a more low-fat or fat-free menu (lots of fun fat-free stuff out there, like cheese... my fav!) .. plus you get a ton of support just by hanging out on the boards (much like here) .

I've been a member of the Canadian WW board for about two years now (lost 75 lbs - and this while drinking ... these last 50 are a little more stubborn... drinks have a lot of calories/points in them!)

Here is a link. Just click your part of the world, and from there click Community for the message boards, or whatever else you want to click! Lots of good info!

Welcome to WeightWatchers.com

Good luck to you!

~Catt
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

A friend of mine bought me a book called the Red Wine Diet, Honestly xxx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I decided to bump this thread back up to the top. Went back on Weight Watchers and lost 9pounds in four weeks, with moderation in drinking. I don't know, seems to be working for me again. must be something to sticking to the program.

Comment

Working...
                X