Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men Rules!

Nice one Satori!!

Reminds me of the clip in the Heartbreak Kid just as he is about the get married!!!

Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Men Rules!

Right, that`s it!!!!!!!..........Women bloomin` well rule and we`ll have no more of this "men rules" nonsense, thank you!!!!!ull

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Men Rules!

Starlight Impress;268969 wrote: Right, that`s it!!!!!!!..........Women bloomin` well rule and we`ll have no more of this "men rules" nonsense, thank you!!!!!ull

Starlight Impress x
        Not in this thread or in any thread in the guys group will wimmin bloody well rule. Abide by the rules STAR and let's have no more of this nonsense RIGHT!! :H
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Men Rules!

Now just you hang on a minute, hip..........let`s not forget this is R.J.`s site, and..........R.J. is a Girl !!!!! na na na na na :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Men Rules!

Hippie,

While these rules are both informative and funny, do you expect any woman to respect boundries..

Isnt this why women get to make the bedroom their own..The bathroom..The kitchen...The garden...The lounge..The conservitory..

And we get the shed???
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Men Rules!

Hippie, my love, my beautiful love, what a beautiful hippie you are. You are.. you are, what a ... and so on ad nasueum. As the daughter of hippies, and as a woman who has been married for nearly seventeen years (DON"T do the math, your head may explode) I appreciate your list and just wanted to add some comments. Unfortunately, my lovely mac browser does funny things with the formatting so please forgive me if y'all's view is a bit different than my intent.

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
              Two bathrooms = two people = two bathrooms. Not my problem, not his problem. One bathroom = BOTH people put the damn LID down. Inconvenient for all.

Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not considered by us to be opportunities to see if we can find the perfect present . . . . again! Men are not mind readers. Nor are women, but for some reason so many of us expect men to be..... Every year I EMAIL my husband a LIST of potential gifts, WITH weblinks and photos and prices. Every year I get what I want and he gets ... yeah. By the way, Valentine's Day is BS, but if you insist, it is supposed to be about love and relationship. Therefore, it is incumbent upon BOTH parties to agree on how they would like to best spend the evening. This is not a night for dude to go play poker and pretend he forgot, nor is it a night for missy to pout because dude didn't take her to 4 Seasons for dindin. This is about your connection with your partner.

Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it. Many times, I am thinking about Josh Holloway (Sawyer) on LOST. Occasionally, about Idris Elba (Sawyer Bell) on The Wire. Sometimes, very late at night, I think about Angelina. Often, I think about global warming and colony collapse of honeybees. And the flippin' toilet seat. Live with it.

Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be. Sunday = football, I guess, in Hippie world. Everyone needs their day. I agree, Let it be, unless televised sports interferes with actual human involvement, like someone's wedding, or birthday party. In those cases, my friend, the sports dude needs to look at what the hell is truly important???

Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.Subjective on Hippie's part. My husband has always liked short hair. The reason HE feared getting married was that I might bring Angelina around and she has that nasty long hair.

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! See my previous point about gifts. Pictures help.

We don't remember dates. . . .Period!! Actually, no one truly remembers dates.... WITHOUT reminders.

Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?Make an effort, dude. Guess, even. It won't kill you.

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.To yes or no questions. To, "Governor Schwarzenegger, how to you intend to rein in the three trillion dollar California budget" ...um, not so much.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.Seriously??? You can't be sympathetic? This has a deeper meaning.

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.That's actually a really long hangover. Ouch. go to MyWayOut.org

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.I see your point here. In other words, if it was offensive enough to bother you last week and you didn't say anything, then you are not allowed to bring it up now, unexpectedly, in an argument about something totally different. With that in mind, if I mention that Josh Holloway looks like he is totally hung, you only get one week to get irate. Hee hee. (and he does.)

If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.Huh? Who are soap opera guys and Vic - what?

If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We've been tricked before!!I totally agree, size does make a difference.

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.If someone can't understand plain English... RUN. If someone can't speak plain English.. RUN. Unless they are hot.

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.Did I mention that I saw Josh Holloway in the Honolulu airport in September 2004?

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.Lists. Lists are good.

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.Um, excuse me, honey, I am so sorry to bother you, but in case you didn't notice, the house is on fire and I am calling you from the laundromat across the street. Sorry, what was that? What did you say, aii yii yii? I can't hear you, Adam Carolla is saying something on the teevee. Oh my god, he is soooo funny, I have to go.
              Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.Yeah, Mr Shackleton

The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.No relationship is going to be like the two first sex-fueled months. So get over it, yourself, stinky breath.

ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.Yo. Red.. Blue... Bang bang. You dead

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.Women fart, too. Ahhh.

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.See LISTS, above

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.Strangely, at this point, I suspect you don't actually give a bean, but okay

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.Does this carry over to all relationships or just the one with the little woman? Cuz here's where I see it going: "Daddy, why is the sky blue???" "Because Brad Pitt's eyes exploded all over the universe when Mommy thought about him last night."

Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.What the hell is the navel lint all about anyway? can't you all just create your own clothing line?

Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what they're saying anyway.)What about foreign Zombie films?
              And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Working...
              X