what not to buy your wives for christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prest... You got it just right I think. Jewlery and massages.
    But I'd like to add purses to the list ( one I wouldn't buy for myself)

Lisa

Comment

eeerrrr!! Think I need to rethink....ops!:
      Thanks for the tips guys, Hippie, Betty nearly had 2 sets of oven gloves...lol
      TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Presents? Are we talking about presents? for ME? Oh yes, my favorite topic! Must say, Mr. Jane is an absolute genius in this department. Never in all our years have I opened a box only to find...a depressing appliance. Simply not an option *chez* Jane. My sister married a pretty dull British fellow (smart, successful, but, well, DULL) who gave her NOTHING for their first married Christmas! I mean...zilch. Nada. When she tearfully made known her disappointment (she's nicer than me; I'd have been whacking him with a mallet,) he shrugged and said he just assumed Christmas was for children!!!!!???

Needless to say, I was deployed the next year to educate brother-in-law about girlie gifties. He was sheepish, apologetic, and very teachable. We spent lots of his money and Sisterjane was purrin' like a tiger kitten come Christmas morn.
        Jane Jane

Comment

Jane Jane do you rent out your services? Sigh...LOL

Comment

LOL Jane jane
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

roflol...............I've just sent this DH no1.
              The first year we were married I got a sewing machine, because we need new curtains for the appartment:wow: Over the years he has learn't that a weekend in a Wellness Hotel has more rewards for him:H :H :H

Comment

I think that men learn gift-giving from their fathers. I've observed this over and over.

Clueless male gifters tend to breed more of their kind. Think about it: Little Son sees Father dash out on Christmas Eve and nab something hastily for Mother. Then Son sees Mommy open it and exclaim insincerely, "Oh thank you, sweetie!" He's a little tyke, and takes her expression literally. He's too busy with his own toys to pick up on her subtle body-language (clenched teeth, narrowed teary eyes.) He's too busy with his own loot to hear her whispered hiss, "Cold day in Hell before YOU get any sex, Buddy!"

But when a little lad see that Father spends time and thought, watches Mother for signals and hints, and (best of all) makes Son a conspirator ("Now, Mommy really wants this, and we're going to pick it out together, but it's our secret, okay?") then he's really getting a good lesson and becoming Primo Husband Material.

Worst gift I ever got? My college boyfriend (before Mr. Jane) gave me the SAME PERFUME HIS MOTHER WORE. I'll even name it: Shalimar by Guerlain. Nothing wrong with it, but he must have noticed that I'd never worn anything but Chanel No. 19. What was he thinking? Why would he want me to smell like his mother? Well, as I've said in a previous post, he turned out to be GAY years later (nothing wrong with that either, but did me no good.) I don't even want to start analyzing the implications of that bad gift...
                Jane Jane

Comment

jane what kind of gay guy is that? they usually have taste. I learned how to dress from a gay guy.
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Jane Jane, I never wear anything other than Chanel No5, but my mum always buys me her favourite of the time, I always ending up giving it her back half way through the year when I have a clear out, thinking about it now she is actually very clever methinks :H
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

presents

I usually have to go out and buy what I want, at least I get what I want, usually perfume or lotion, but love music, the kids are good at that one, .....as far as manure, Gabby, I have tons if you need, but I am the usual one who ends us shoveling?? the SH*T anyway, no help there ....................you'd think a guy would at least help w/ that..............jewelry is always good, but not as useful as lotion I hate to say!!

good thread..................

check it out guys!!

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

BBoop, I often give my mother-in-law something I know I'll enjoy getting back once she croaks. I think of it as sort of a lay-a-way plan...
                        Jane Jane

Comment

JJ, that's hilarious!
                          I give my husband a very detailed list with about ten things on it, complete with photos from the internet. He then chooses which items to buy me. He's happy because he doesn't stress, I'm happy because I am not getting a box of Special Edition Star Wars Kleenex like my poor sister-in-law got one year. Problem solved.
                          And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

A box of Kleenex tissues (special edition or not) my hubby would have been better off not getting me anything. The Kleenex, he would have been wiping the blood from his nose...

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yeah, she wasn't very happy. But it was partly her fault, in a way, because her husband doesn't come from a gift-giving family and she does. His hippie family gives each other second-hand books and gag gifts. Hers (my husbands too) gives cashmere sweaters, watches and spa treatments. So every year for many years she just expected him to figure it out on his own. Of course he never did. Finally after the kleenex incident and she was in tears I told her to just make him a frickin' list. The funny thing is, he called me that next year and said, "Does she really want these Coach gloves?" YES you idiot!!! Now he gets it and thereby "gets it," if you know what I mean.
                              And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Ratana, they either "get it"---or they don't "get none!"

I sometimes wonder about men who come from weird families who give gag gifts. Why would a woman even date such a creature? Masochism, perhaps, low self-esteem...who knows? People who adore one another show it! People who meekly put up with lame gifts probably deserve them, in some Freudian way.
                                Jane Jane

Comment

Working...
                                X