Best Film Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Film Ever

spincycle;123524 wrote: Usual Suspects, Blow, Resvoir Dogs,Trainspotting, Romper Stomper
    oooh romper stomper was good
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Best Film Ever

The Man Who fell To Earth, good to read as well.
      Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Best Film Ever

Full Metal Jacket (ONLY war movie I thought amazing-disturbing too)
        The Piano
        Fightclub
        The Journey of Natty Gann (fav. childhood movie)
        Crank (my latest - think that Transporter dude is SO cute!)
        Chocolat (better to read though- everything is)
        Running with Scissors (haven't read it yet -will soon!)

Anything by Quentin Tarantino really - don't enjoy too much violence but I think his movies are amazing!
        Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
        Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Best Film Ever

Trixie..yes Bladerunner.....epic film!

also like Torantino's stuff. as dorky as this may sound liked the kill bill movies too
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Best Film Ever

Kill Bill rocks man! Love the choreographing of the fights-wicked! Babes kicking ass, gotta love it! OoohMa Thurman...
            Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
            Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Best Film Ever

Anything with Edward Norton ......Fight Club / American History X

Comment

Best Film Ever

The castle
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Best Film Ever

buddha27;211254 wrote: Anything with Edward Norton ......Fight Club / American History X
                  He was brilliant in Larry Flint as his lawyer! but American History X he was really powerful in that movie and really believable. I think he is a very underrated actor as is John Cusack
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Best Film Ever

My top 3 favs are as follows: (and in no specific order and all for very different reasons)

Human Traffic - John Simms (not that other shitty movie with Douglas and Zita-Jones)
                    Altered States - William Hurt
                    Blade Runner - Harrison Ford

I could name loads of movies as favs and classics like Pulp Fiction, The Godfather series, Platoon, Goodfellas, Star Wars, etc etc but these 3 movies really meant something and effected me or my own perceptions in a big way so hold more importance.
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Best Film Ever

that animated "Ice Age" is pretty good too!:H

But I'm still sticking with Thelma & Louise, & Shawshank Redemption,
                      Junglebook is right up there too!:h :h Yummm Mogli.
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Best Film Ever

flushed away

Saint Jude;212240 wrote: that animated "Ice Age" is pretty good too!:H

But I'm still sticking with Thelma & Louise, & Shawshank Redemption,
                        Junglebook is right up there too!:h :h Yummm Mogli.
                        Hi Jude!! Although I wouldn't say Ice age was in my Top fav movies of all time!, I see were you are coming from! I've watched lot of movies like that can keep the adults more entertained than the kids. I recently watched 'Cars' with my daughter and though it was hilarious. But the little slugs in 'Flushed Away' cracked me up completely!!. Also Spongebob squarepants the movie was very big over here in the UK as is the series!!!.

I'm just a big kid at heart!!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Crazy Slugs[/ame]

Love and Happiness oh saintly one!
                        Hippie
                        xx

Comment

Best Film Ever

Thanks Hippie! :h Love it!
                          Love the new avatar too! Who's point of view are you trying to see it from there?:H

"Saintly One"...LOL...

Don't ya know "Saint Jude" IS the Patron Saint of Lost Causes? HOW DID my Mama know?
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Best Film Ever

Any man will attest to the greatness of the Spaghetti Western. Once Upon a Time in the West is a classic.

Perhaps even better is Sergio Leone's take on the American gangsters in New York "Once Upon a Time in America"

Also great: The Road to Perdition.
                            ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
                            X