X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little introduction

Just some Comments

Hey Guys,
    Good to hear mutual comments from all over the world!! I've been doing the Topamax thing with a lot of success!! Everybody has their own philosophy but I've learned being in several treatment centers that alcohol = alcohol. You can call it wine, beer, vodka, rum, or mouthwash (25%) its still alcohol. So I've elected to try the moderation thing with 3 drinks a day. Vodka Martini's. I've been quite successful so far 3 months. I was up to 300 mg of Topa and then down to 25 mg..............the cravings came back big time and then found my comfort level at 150 mg.
    The Hypno tapes tapes helped alot too. I kept drilling myself no more then 3, no more then 3, no more then 3........ I found that if I made a fourth I would throw it out. No kidding..........
    Still doing the supps for support but I do believe at least for me its the Topa.
    Wish everyone continued Luck in their program......This has been a life saver for me!!

Chuck

Comment

A little introduction

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the update.

I'm also on Topamax.... have dosed up to 150 mg (also doing the supps and kudzu) and having some cravings but not like before. The last couple of times I've attempted to drink anything (vodka and cranberry) I still found it hard to stop after just 2 or 3. Anyway, not sure if I want to go to a higher dose or not. For now I'm going with abs.

As you moved up from 150 toward 300 mg, did you get any weird side effects?

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

A little introduction

Topa

Hi Mike!
        Early on I had the Topa dopa thing going...... but once I hit the 150 mark it didn't seem a problem. But I took it slow 150 for two weeks then 200 for two weeks then 250 for two weeks then 300. I think I stayed at 300 for about 3 weeks then started back down again. But to answer your question I didn't have any wierd side effects after 150.
        Like I mentioned I'm doing my 3 drink a day thing and I'm sipping them............don't know why but I don't slam them like I use to. Occasionaly I'll make a fourth but just don't seem like I can finish it. I got this thing in my head Ok you can finish it but you don't need it do you............so I dump it out. I guess its my brain working. Hope you get there to my friend!!!!!!!

Chuck

Comment

A little introduction

Hiya Brian, I just read that you enjoy fishing......Me to....What kind of fishing do you do?
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

A little introduction

Did someone say fishing??

Fly-fisherman here. 5, 6, and 7 weight rigs.

Been to Colorado, the the high wilderness a few times. Over 9000 feet, where some of the streams start, and the rainbow trout are wild, and not that big.

I wade the streams, and I like the higher-alititudes because it's real up there, and the trees are not so thick as to catch the line on the back haul.

Ever see the movie "A River Runs Through It"? Thats the kind of fishing I like to do most.

I do have spinning and spin cast rigs for the ponds around here, but mostly for panfish. I'm not big on the bass, but the sunfish and crappies are more sport for me.

I'm all ears for good trout spots, and someday hope to fish the Alaskan streams for the steelhead.

Comment

A little introduction

Bass, Crappie, Bluegil

Hey Mack,

Yes, fishing is my favorite pass time...don't gte to go out like I used to with the new baby and all. Golf is the next choice....I a much better fisherman. I fish for what I like to eat...I wish I was further north so there was some walley close by. I have relatives by marriage that live up in Minnasota and one summer I took a vacation there...it was great. Its much different fishing for walleye than us more southern boys. There is a couple of lakes that have been successful with striper bass. I hope to try that soon. I have threaten myself to get a rig for fly fishing just for fun. What about you...

Comment

A little introduction

Hiya Neil and Brian,
                I'd love to try fly fishing..It looks really exciting.
                I go freshwater and sea fishing...Go for the Pike in the winter...Carp in the summer...Only been fishing for 18 months but already had an 11lb Pike and an 8lb Carp.....
                Sea fishing i just fish for anything....been getting dogfish, plaice, eel, cod, mackeral (of coarse ) hence the name.
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

A little introduction

hi guys! its sure lucky for me that there is a fish market nearby because if my wife and I relyed on my fishing skills we'd sure lose a lot of weight! I bought a fly rod and accidentally slammed the car door on it snappin the tip off...arg! My true passions are martial arts, cooking and shooting.
                  been on MWO only two months now but really like the forum and think I'm heading in a good direction for the first time in the last 20 years with my overdrinking. 36 years old now and really feeling like hell after a bender these days. body is trying to tell me something I guess. This time of year is really tough since all our friends are wine enthousiasts and keep giving us wines for gifts. not doing as poorly as last year but still pretty hung over and tired today. drinking is something I always tend to do in social situations because I get nervous and don't feel comfortable unless I'm drinking too much. The kudzu from MWO appears to be helping and I'm really trying to be serious about my vitamin and supplement regiment.
                  oh, one more fishing note: even though I don't fish much I have a fantastic collection of Aussie Alvey fishing reels...they are just so cool. guess I could go ice fishing? I'm on the nevada/california border so it's mighty cold this time of year. Be well Gents....
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X