Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanting to lose weight?

Hi All,

As promised, I'm checking in with my weight loss.

Went to my Slimming Group and i've lost 3.5lb (which is about 1.5k):banana:

Anyone else .....

Love & Hugs, Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

This is another big lesson I learned about drinking: You simply can't swallow lots of alcohol and expect to lose weight!! It's simple really - but I just didn't get it (or I didn't WANT to get it).:upset:

I kept thinking that I could keep my drinking lifestyle and excersice and I could still get that body I wanted. NO WAY - alcohol is packed with calories and all of it goes to fat storage - alcohol has nothing of nutritional value in it whatsoever... just calories and lots of 'em!

I estimate that I was probably consuming up to 8000 calories per week from alcohol alone. And since all of that is going to fat storage (and alcohol also stops the body from burning fat), then I didn't stand a chance, despite all the exercising I was doing.

Comment

Matt...are you the same guy who used to have the big blue guy blinking as your avatar???
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Another 2lb loss for me .....
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Well done Paula
            Love Lisa xx
            Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

It's official, I'm just too short .........

Attached files [img]/converted_files/178970=425-attachment.jpg[/img]
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hello All:

I have been successful in the past at losing weight, sometimes a lot of weight. But you know what happens right? I start drinking again. Once that happens it all comes back. I get slim, I get happy. I am happy, so I drink. I drink ,so I get fat. I get fat, so I get depressed. When I'm depressed, I drink a ton. What a vicious cycle!

I just started on this yesterday and I'm hoping my Dr. will give me the Topa on Monday at my appt. I hear that the Topa not only helps with the cravings, but also with the appetite. Also, I am trying to get at least 1/2 hour of sweat time in every morning (eliptical machine).

Let me know if you find anything that really helps.

Thanks and take care. :thanks:

NL
                Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Matt;84975 wrote: This is another big lesson I learned about drinking: You simply can't swallow lots of alcohol and expect to lose weight!! It's simple really - but I just didn't get it (or I didn't WANT to get it).:upset:

I kept thinking that I could keep my drinking lifestyle and excersice and I could still get that body I wanted. NO WAY - alcohol is packed with calories and all of it goes to fat storage - alcohol has nothing of nutritional value in it whatsoever... just calories and lots of 'em!

I estimate that I was probably consuming up to 8000 calories per week from alcohol alone. And since all of that is going to fat storage (and alcohol also stops the body from burning fat), then I didn't stand a chance, despite all the exercising I was doing.
                  Matt- Thanks for saying it how it is.You are so right about kidding ourselves that as long as you exercise you can lose weight, and still drink.We know you cant.I am using this as my main motivation to get sober. If my weight drops I feel so much better about myself.I am also curious to see how my appearence changes in other ways(eyes, skin,bloated face etc...lurvley) .That lovely drink I crave so much has made my weight shoot up by 451bs! It has to go. :thanks: again Matt. P. S did you manage to quit or moderate and did you see changes x
                  Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Hi Maxine,

Once again I wanted to say I'm glad that you are back, how are you doing tonight??

Missed you love,

Oaula xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

YES YES YES COUNT ME IN!!!
                      I need to lose 35 pounds.I cycle 20 mins 5 days a week travelling to work and have generally exercised 2 - 3 times a week too (maybe 1-2 due to cancelled sessions due to hangovers)..
                      But when I binge drink at weekends I don't exercise due to hangover, eat junk food when drunk and then crave even more junk when hungover and I don't move.
                      No wonder my weight has gone up and down like a yo yo since I was 18. I reckon I was consuming 2000 - 3000 calories extra a week just in booze (wine and vodka usually).
                      I read somewhere that 3500 calories extra is roughly a pound in weight.

I feel so much better since stopping drinking, I am exercising more consistently - I too was in big denial about booze being why I put on/yo yoed with weight.Trying to save 500 - 800 cals per night at weekends means you have v little food, get drunk quicker, then need to eat when you're out (inevitably junk) when you're drunk.

so yes I'm in the wegiht loss club - I've lost 1.5 pounds in first week of not drinking and not sure about rest as missed weight watchers. I'm not doing points but calorie counting as I find it easier but the classes help
                      my motivation.
                      anyway - how about a weekly weigh in post?
                      xx
                      one day at a time

Comment

Hi Bear,

Yes a weekly weigh in post would be a good idea, I'll start it on the fitness forum
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm in if thats ok......It will be good for...abit of encouragment
                          Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

I'm in!!! I have lost 6 lbs in the last week and as I said in another post am re-motivated to lose the drinking again so that should help. It will be good to have the support.
                            I need to lose at least 40lbs by summer. I started Atkins through ediets.com last week and have been following it right along. Except for the no alcohol part. Now it should be better!

Nice Girl's Group
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Just a bit of motivation for all you lovely peeps here. I started mmmmm I guess almost 8 months ago now. Completly AF for that long. (hard and sometimes easy but hard too) But a good benefit has been I got 36 lbs down. How cool is that? Now I will admit to gaining about 5 of those lbs back since a new boyfriend. (he cooks...owie) So now I still wanna get 10 more off instead of 5 but its a matter of getting back into the gym and more moderation with food. But that 10 lbs loss will put me into a solid size 8 or maybe even smaller. Kinda a size 8 now maybe...size 10's are loose.
                              Anyway ladies....hopefully this helps.

Now I DO take topamax and DONT drink at all. Also I did workout a lot last summer and fall.
                              But truthfully I think walking would have been enough.
                              Good luck to you all!
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wow Gabby, that's inspiring ...

Could it be all the new relationship sex that's helping as well :H :H :H
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X