Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycles

G'day Theo,

Well, I own a Honda Phanthom 200 cc (which is a Thai-made Honda similar to a Honda Shadow). HONDA Phantom

I also have a Honda Neo Future 125 cc (Vietnamese-made Honda). Both bikes are real Hondas, but manufactured locally.

Had a motorbike accident two weeks ago, so currently not biking until my shoulder is back in shape again.
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Motorcycles

Just got my first starter bike Honda CB125S with the original blue paint. Determinator is selling his 1974 Ducati Condor Swiss Army 350. Even has the rifle rack. We have a tandem bike, which is really a true test for any marriage for the fight for control (or lack thereof) !
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Motorcycles

Paddy, was the accident serious? I hate crashing!!!!!

Determinatrix, do you have any pics of the Duc? I love those bikes.

Comment

Motorcycles

Theo,
          Determinator and I have tried to figure out how to post a pic here. But saw a post by RJ stating it takes too much memory.
          Dx
          * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Motorcycles

No, not serious. Thanks. Was just just about to come to a halt. But enough to fracture my shoulder. But now on the mend, so no worries.
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Motorcycles

BOOZE & BSA's

Alway's been a 'Motorcycle' dude, though after trashing my much loved BSA oh ! yeah trashed myself pretty bad, I was so drunk when I went crashing through the window of my Local Bar, kinda made me do some thinking "Yeah to hell with Motorcycles" just focus on my drinking, well I did just that, though I missed the old Scooter scene, having not ridden for 6 yrs, so I said to myself in a moment of sobriety (Clarity), if I can lay off the sauce for 90 days then maybe I could be responsible enough to get another bike !!!
              Well today is day 121 AF, and just got back from a beautiful ride on my new 'Harley'.............
              Life is Good.................................

Comment

Motorcycles

I ride a Virago 750 - see my profile for a pic! I'm in the Ulyssess Club ( over 40's) and ride every day. It was my reward for getting sober......
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Motorcycles

FLIP!!!!!

Where've you been, girl?

Comment

Motorcycles

Hey nice bike flip I'd stay sobber for that one babe. When I get my act together and get some wheels we'll have to take a ride to tawny's place. Kim
                    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Motorcycles

Cool! Bring tents. The Ulyssees Club hold an annual get-together not far from my place! I drive there in my car. Yeah, I know ... Big wuss.

Comment

Motorcycles

You're on guys! PM me and we'll organise it!

F,.

Comment

Motorcycles

Tawny, see my latest post in Long Term.... it will explian everything....

Comment

Motorcycles

I got my permit last fall and am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can take riding lessons.
                            My boyfrinend has a bunch of Ducati motorcycles. Love them!
                            we even have a classic Ducati 750gt sitting in my work studio.
                            can't wait to learn how to ride!
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Motorcycles

Sunday;125850 wrote: Alway's been a 'Motorcycle' dude, though after trashing my much loved BSA oh ! yeah trashed myself pretty bad, I was so drunk when I went crashing through the window of my Local Bar, kinda made me do some thinking "Yeah to hell with Motorcycles" just focus on my drinking, well I did just that, though I missed the old Scooter scene, having not ridden for 6 yrs, so I said to myself in a moment of sobriety (Clarity), if I can lay off the sauce for 90 days then maybe I could be responsible enough to get another bike !!!
                              Well today is day 121 AF, and just got back from a beautiful ride on my new 'Harley'.............
                              Life is Good.................................
                              congrats!!!:h
                              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Motorcycles

I just saw this thread, so I thought I would throw in my two cents worth.

I?ve been riding since I was 5. My older brother had a Cushman step-through scooter. I don?t know if you are familiar with the Cushman scooters, but they had a front kicker to start them and I was not really heavy enough to get the job done. He would start it and I would ride. It was almost impossible to wreck because when you stopped it would lean over on the floorboard like a kick stand, so I did pretty good with it. He always told me when he went to school if I could get it started I could ride it; so I would spend hours jumping up on that front kicker. Eventually I got to where I would get it started now and then. And I would ride it until it was out of gas. Where ever it died was never too far from the house, so I would leave it and walk home. My dad was a farmer, so I could ride all day around the farm and no one cared except my mom :H . (God Bless Her, she is almost 90 and still worries about me). When my brother would get home from school he would ask me where I left the scooter and I would point it out so he could retrieve it. Those are great memories for me. I have been riding ever since. I still have the 1952 Cushman Eagle I rode up until I was 10 and moved into the Japanese bikes. When I was young we were able to get a motorcycle license at the age of 12 as long as the motor was smaller than 5 brake horsepower, so I had several other young kids to ride with legally. Mostly I rode Honda?s until at 14 I was able to save up enough money (from my job as a sacker/stocker at the grocery) to buy my first really big motorcycle; a 1953 Harley Davidson 74 cubic inch Hydra Glide. It was a hard tail, vibrating monster. It had a suicide clutch and the shifter was on the tank. The old pan head motor leaked a lot of oil, and I was ashamed of it; but it would keep up with my friends on their larger Hondas (which I couldn?t afford). (I wish I had that bike now, I sold it for $1000 to pay for college expenses.)

I have owned lots of bikes over the last 50 years and generally I have loved them all. There is nothing like it. Right now my main ride is a 2000 Harley Electra Glide Classic. I also have a 1982 Honda CX 500, a 1995 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan, a 1982 1000 Virago, and I am trying to buy a 1972 Harley sportster this weekend (just to play with). I make the Sturgis run about every other year, and I usually do 4-6 other rallies too. I average about 25,000 miles a year; and my dream trip is up to Washington state, through Canada, and on up into Alaska. I may have to wait until I retire to do this one, since I would never be able to be gone from work for that long for one vacation. Right now I am about to go out and get the bike for a 120 mile ride to Amarillo to see my wife who is at my daughters house with two of my grandsons. I hope it doesn?t rain, but so it goes.

Keep the rubber side down
                                Bear
                                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                                X