Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycles

Great posts guys! In college I rode a 1974 BMW R750 - bullet proof and got me wherever I needed to go. I now have a BMW f650CS that I use mainly for commuting - great all round bike, does it all from communting to a bit of touring.

Comment

Motorcycles

Couldn't resist. I'm a girl. My first hubby had a turbo Yamaha....fun, but he didn't take care of it and a Kawasaki....I think I made a mistake telling my husband that the only thing I missed about my ex was the motorcycle, so Joe up and bought one. He's never ridden, and he's 43, HELP. He's laid down the bike three times, but he's still trying. My dad keeps asking why I don't drive....well I haven't ever had a license for motorcycles and since the advent of cell phones.....I don't know if I'd want to drive in traffic, stupid people are blind enuf. I luv riding mountains, country roads, etc.

Joe's bike is a Honda 1100 oe 1200. Wish him safety.......LOL. I do miss riding but I do want my hubby alive and well...picking up that 400 lb bike...well he's not that strong! I got him a manual a friend recommended.....

Comment

Motorcycles

my dear man has a harley out in the garage that has historic plates. thats all i know and all i want to know. i call her a real sleazy name and he thinks its funny. i do have a harley shirt from costa rica and mexico...does that count? oh and i bought him a bell to run off the monsters.

Comment

Motorcycles

Hart, Has he taken the motorcycle safety training course? If not, he should. If he has, he needs to do it again. They will teach new riders what to do in emergency situations and how to better handle the bikes. The class is normally held on small (125cc or so) bikes so it is easy to manuver them and learn. You should take it yourself too. You can drive an 1100 shadow.

Mojo, if it hs historic plates it is probably over 25 years old. Not something you would want to tour on, but something to show off on short trips.
          bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Motorcycles

Hart, don't they teach you how to ride when you get your licence?? Here in Oz you have to go through learner training before you are allowed on the roads and have at least 3 months on a learner's permit, then another 12 month minimum on a probationary licence. You are not allowed to ride big fast bikes during that time. It sure cuts down on people killing themselves.

but don't fret, even with all that I still managed to drop my bike 5 times in the first 6 months!!!

Flip
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Motorcycles

My husband has a honda?. I hate the summer months as he goes to work on it,
              I'm terrified he will have an accident, in my work I have come across many.
              I suppose what will be will be!

Comment

Motorcycles

(((Flip)))

I know I thought it was weird too. Here you can get a motorcycle permit just be passing a written test. I would rather give someone a permit for being able to pass the driving test.....well it's actually kind of like an obstacle course, really, then see if they know the rules.....LOL

Joe has dumped the bike 3 or 4 times. But I think we discovered a big reason why. Damn loose gravel in our alley. I didn't even think of it until I helped him up with the bike this last time. Bong, it hit me, as my feet were slipping....."Joe, this is a hell of a place for a beginner to start your bike.....let's park it in the street or on our sidewalk (in the yard)". I think that will make all the difference.

I feel bad because I didn't even think of that before......oh well, main thing it's only been a slow moving stall, each time, no hurt to the rider.....everything else, we can buff out and paint over

Comment

Motorcycles

hey guy's and gal's I just bought home a new member to the family a Suzuki SV650!!!!! Nice Silver colour, very well behaved and fits lovely in my garage. Watch out flip and tawny here I come!!! Kimbo
                  Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Motorcycles

Bring it down for a run Kim! - or how about I meet you at Tawny's?

Comment

Motorcycles

Sounds great lets do it.

Comment

Motorcycles

Think I deserve it ??

Wanted to get back on a bike for years, however I was alway's too drunk to get it together and felt that I was not safe getting back on a bike, felt that the first bar would be the first stopping point and then the wreck, the police, you know same old crap !!
                        So I promise myself If I can remain sober for 3 months, then I can buy I bike, ran out and got me a Harley, well Im into month seven AF, and now I want a bigger one, going shopping..........ride safe............

Comment

Motorcycles

Hey go get e'm Sunday no better motivation!!!! There is nothing like riding it is very sensual or sexy to some extent. It is like you are one with the machine i don't know and i don't think I am explaining it well but i just love it. It is all absorbing. Go for it man it is totally worth being sober for, i would never ride drunk, never have. Just got my bike too after far too long might just be my salvation. I'm with you buddy, cheers kim

Comment

Motorcycles

boycie;161152 wrote: Hey go get e'm Sunday no better motivation!!!! There is nothing like riding it is very sensual or sexy to some extent. It is like you are one with the machine i don't know and i don't think I am explaining it well but i just love it. It is all absorbing. Go for it man it is totally worth being sober for, i would never ride drunk, never have. Just got my bike too after far too long might just be my salvation. I'm with you buddy, cheers kim
                            I saw my brothers Harley Ultra something yesterday and It is one nice bike. My comment
                            when he was leaving though was " that's one expensive vibrator" and he laughed
                            , thot that was funny.

Anyway boycie, I guess I know what you mean about the, ahhhhhhhem, senual part.:H

Comment

Motorcycles

Kim, Let's do it. PM me to organise.

Robert - you wouldn't have a clue just how good a motorbike is - they were made for women!! How do you think I've survived as a single for so long????? :-)

Comment

Motorcycles

PLONKER

Never really thought of my motorcycle as sexual !??, maybe that why i have the persoanl lic. plate 'PLONKER', which is kind of odd as I live in Florida, but ahh I hear you say, PLONKER is a British word for DICK, Well yes expat been in the US 15yrs now, If I could only lose the silly 'Bloody Accent' cheerio toodle pip, ya'll

Comment

Working...
                                X