Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycles

Boycie,

I thought I would join you in celebrating. Just passed my license exam and got a Honda Shadow 600cc to graduate from my 1975 CB125. I thought about selling it but it really is a fun bike for around the neighborhood.

Enjoy your throttle therapy!
    Dx
    * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Motorcycles

I thought this was helpful. Hope I never have to try it!

[ame= ]YouTube - NB's F6550GS - How to pick up a motorcycle[/ame]

Dx

Comment

Motorcycles

I have my permit. and plan on taking lessons before the summer is out. I am petite so it will be hard to find a good sized one
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Motorcycles

Thanks heaps Dx!! that's a really useful videoclip. I'm going to send it to all my (female) biking mates. (the boys will think they won't need it!)

Trixie, take a look at the Virago, great bike, different sizes, very low seat.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Motorcycles

I thought the part about laying down on the side of the road was hilarious!
            I bet it would work, if you didn't get run over. Cleavage might help.

Dx

Comment

Motorcycles

Hey Flip and any other newbie rider. There's a great video a friend of mine suggested since Joe is new and it gave him a lot of good safety tips. hell I even learned a thing or two and I have ridden for years. It's called Ride Like a Pro IV. I promise I'm not getting any kickback from them...LOL:H

Comment

Motorcycles

Thanks Hart, I'll check it out. (NOT that I'm a newbie rider!!)

Comment

Motorcycles

Popes just wanna have fun! Attached files [img]/converted_files/293578=1349-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Motorcycles

Thats mine. 2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Edition. I have been riding bikes since I was 3 years old. My Dad bought me a Suzuki JR50 with training wheels when I was 3 and I have never been without a bike before. That is the only thing I will never, EVER do drunk is ride. Here is a before and after picture of my 2003 R1 Limited Edition after my roommate got drunk and rode it.

Before...

After...

Needless to say we are not pals anymore! He came out without a scratch, just in case anyone was wondering.
                    l ______
                    /l ,[____],
                    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
                    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Trill Recognizes Trill

Comment

Motorcycles

Back in the Saddle ??

So what did you get to replace the wreck ?????????

Comment

Motorcycles

He was one lucky son of a bitch. i'm guessing you didn't knkow he was a) drunk, of b) that he was 'borrowing' your bike!

I'd NEVER let someone ride my bike.

Comment

Motorcycles

I agree - I would never let anyone ride my bike. Just Determinator.
                          It's not like it is just a chunk of cash you are loaning, it's more.
                          Too many hours wrenching, of throttle therapy, and memories.
                          It's more personal.
                          As a matter of fact, when one of the guys sells his motorcycle, it usually stays within the family.
                          Since most of these guys have bikes started from 'basketcases', they have a lot of hours invested.
                          Dx

Comment

Motorcycles

How right you are Dx, it's a part of you and your life. I am not "into" bikes per se, rather the experience of the ride and the feelings I get when I am out there hooning around the bends - totally in control of my LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                            X