Hi I'm a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

Feeling great! Tomorrow will be the test I own a bar/steak house and I'm the bartender for the next couple of days. I'm a little apprehensive.:rolleyes

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

L-Glutamine works great....

Hi all! Still waiting for my pkgs, so went to a vitamin store last night and bought kudzu, calms forte, l-glutamine, and GABA. I usually start drinking around 5pm..(and don't stop until bedtime..). Hubby and I got home around 7pm last night, only had a few glasses of wine left, so I took 1 l-glut tablet and emptied the contents under my tongue, and took 3 calms forte pills. Waited about a half hour and read a book in bed. Drank the two glasses of wine. This is going to sound really wierd but...I got this really weird feeling inside my brain, like I could feel the alcohol effects around the outside of my brain, but felt like there was a big rock on the inside, that was keeping me from feeling any of the euphoric effects...has anyone else felt that. I believe it was the L-glut, keeping me from getting that eurphoric or high feeling...Hope this didn't sound too stupid!
      Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this???
      THanks! Don't have any bottles of wine in the house, don't want to buy any either. Going on vacation this saturday to grand canyon, and would like to NOT drink during this time...

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

WOW

Hi Smokey and Saint Jude

I am so like you two. I have been reading the boards for about 4 hours and have been so impressed with everybodys attitude. I am from UK and have been drinking like a fish for years. A real quaffer. From what has been said so far the printer is zipping the book out now. I am in my 3rd day of no alcohol from usually a bottle of gin a night. Sleeping is doing my head in, but I am determined to abstain for at least a month. To all you others out there, you certainly have been an inspiration and you are the first people I have told that I am an alcoholic apart from the wife. I am looking forward to speaking to all of you at some stage

cheers

kirky

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: WOW

Hi Kirky. I have never admitted to anyone I was an alcoholic, not that they didn't know that. I am on day 4 of no alcohol. Feeling quite anxious. I have to bartend tonite but plan on being on the board after work to celebrate the end of day 4.
          Congratulations and hang in there.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Kirky & Fedup! Congrats on 3 & 4 days! That's great! Those first few are the roughest...:x It definately gets a whole lot better after that! Hang in there. welcome aboard and we'll see ya around campus!!?

Kirky enjoy your reading today!

And hey Fed, good luck with bartending, I've done quite a bit of that myself. I love the joke telling & tail-yanking... but I'm such a pro @ hidin stuff in my coffee cup.... not sure I could trust myself to tend bar anymore...:rolleyes
            Athough, I do serve wine & beer where I wait tables, it's still not like being the "BUS DrIVER" so to speak!:b

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

WOW

Thanks for the quick reply I am fedup

I do not envy you. Just being near all that alcohol must be tempting. I used to work for my mother as a waiter in her restaurant when I was a kid, about 12 and I think that is where some of it started, going round minesweeping leftovers.

Good luck with it

Kirky

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Thank You and good luck to you. I wouldnt work in a bar but we own it and I don't have a choice so I'll buck up and deal with it. (sound tuff huh )

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

O.K so I chickend out, I called in my backup bartender while I did some baking at the other restaurant. One of the regulars called me and asked me to come over for a drink, so I went....and I DRANK WATER WITH LEMON!!! Damn that felt good. B.S. with the customers and didnt drink a drop of alcohol. So Tomorrow I'm ready to get behind the bar. I think I can do it.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Well done. At least you thought about ways to get round it. I had another sleepless night last night. Hope it goes away soon. Keep up the good work

kirky

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I am sleeping better already. Hang in there, the only way to go is up. If your going through Hell, keep on going don't slow down, you might get through it before the devil even knows your there.

Take Care
                      barb

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hy Barb, I know that song!:evil Hang in there! Sounds like things are getting better for ya already! Looks like we were posting @ about the same time yesterday, don't know if ya saw my reply(back a page). Congrats on just drinking water last night, that's a BIGGY! I miss bartending... but not sure if I'd trust myself @ it these days...:rolleyes maybe someday... I just know too damn many "tricks", I'm afraid the temptation would get the best of me!:b :hat

Hey Kirk, Hang in there,... it will get better! Have you tried Calmes Forte? Or Melatonin? for sleep? I know when I first come off a binge, I'm so guilt ridden, all I can think about is everything I've done wrong, and all the problems I've caused... The longer you stick with this, each day, it gets better. ) Before you know it you'll be so busy doing healthy things( you forgot you enjoyed), you won't have time for that self -loathing. Hope I'm not "over-speaking" here... Just remembering how it was for me!:rolleyes Hugs, Judie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

chat with me

i have just ordered my topamax and i have the book.
                          did you get any side effects like blurred vision, hair loss?
                          also why do you have to start at 25 mg and then increase the meds? the book does not explain that.
                          thank you so very much

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

curious

do you have to stop drinking completely for one month before starting the TOPAMAX?

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Thanks Judie

Day 5 now, and I went out for a meal last night and watched my wife drink 2 glasses of wine with no problem. She went to bed early and I could have easily sneaked out to the garage and got some alcohol but did not. I took some Benedryl last night, it was a bit better, but still not good. I kept waking up in starts , must be dreaming. I might go out later and get some melatonin.
                              Thanks for yor advice. I have read up to side effects now in the book. I am still considering the tapes as I know I am susceptible to hypnotism, but may just get some local supps from Barret& Johnson to see how I go. Dont really want to do TOPOMAX as I will have to get it from a different country. I dont think I am as bad as Roberta and Brenda as I don't crave alcohol during the day or in the morning. I think I have over the years just got more dependant on it to go to sleep. But I have always had a atrt time of about 6pm and always resented it if I had to go and pick my boy up from cubs at 8pm. Waffled on enough for now ttfn

kirky

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

alcoholic

help!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X