X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: alcoholic

Hey Moodus & Tanya welcome aboard,
    Moodus, No, you don't have to stop drinking for 1 month befor starting the topa. There is a recommended abstinent period suggested as part of the program. Do you have the book? I didn't when I first started, but sure wish I had!:rolleyes

Tanya, can you tell us something about what's going on? So we can help you ? This is a wonderful p;rogram. You'll find some great support here...

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

thx

dear st.jude. thanks for the info. how about side effects?
      i cannot wait to start the program. my friend and i are supporting each other. we are just waiting on the TOPA.
      i am a little nervous about the blurry vision. i think that starts when u get to 50mg.
      how long have you been on the prog?

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi! I am in day 3 of MWO and day 3 on TOPA. Read about the program earl week while desperately searching for the answer for a private solution to my problem and there it was. Ordered the book, read a little, made an appt. with the doc. ordered the cd's. Had my appt. with the doc on Wed., started the Cd's that night and I'm amazed! After being able to put away half a fifth of vodka 4-5 nights a week (not proud of that) I had 1 drink the first night on topa, tried the 2nd and poured it out. Made 1 drink the 2nd night and only drank half and am not sure I want any tonight. Day one and 2 on the topa I really felt lousy and slow. Today I feel alot better. I'm taking supps. Getting plenty of rest, water and eating light. This is amazing! I hope to be able to be a lady like social sipper rather than the closet guzzler that I've been in the past!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Best,

Welcome to MWO! You sound like you are on your way already! Glad to hear you are drinking plenty of water, that is very important. Don't forget exercise, that will help also! This is a great site with plenty of support. Read, post, post, read. Let us know how you are doing! Best of luck as you are getting started!

Donna

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Tanya,

Welcome! We are here to help. Please let us know what we can do to help you. This is place of great support. You are among people who know how you feel!

Donna

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi there Tanya,
              Talk to us.
              Marcie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Do you have your CD's? Night 4 was the first I slept all night. I took a Clams Forte tablet and listened to my Sleep to Sleep learning CD and went right to sleep. Haven't had a problem since. This is week 4 for me. Welcome newbies to our group. Keep coming back. There's a lot of support here. My advice is to get the book, the supplements, and the CD's and get started. It works, and we're all here to help each other. Good Luck, Eliziby

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Introductions

Hi everyone,

I've been hanging around the site for a couple of weeks now, and I've posted a couple of small blurbs. I got my CDs and supps today. I am looking for a new doc (not sure about the topa) and have an appointment to "interview" one on Monday. I haven't posted much cuz I am not really even "on day one", but I wanted to make some noise and some contacts so I have the support when the time comes....and it's here. You all are great to read, and I hope I am in touch with all of you for a good long time.

I just literally breathed a sigh of relief...

Pam

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Introductions

Hi Pam,
                    Good luck with the "interview" on Monday. Let us know how it goes.

Marcie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

NH24

hey, i'm not on day one yet,either but i am sure enjoying reading what people comment on.
                      my day one will start when i get my topa.
                      if you cannot get it from the doc you can always order it online without a presc.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Well...anther newbie. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow and am gathering the supplements. Gonna order the CD's too. This seems like it will be good.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Welcome to the new comers. I feel like an old timer at 4 weeks now. Wow this group just keeps growing and growing. It's really great. It's unbelievable,to me, how many there are of us in this world who have a problem with alcahol and want help with it and either don't know where to go or can't find the right place, or can't afford the treatment available for it. AA is good I guess, and works for some people, but not for everyone, and is certainly wasn't for me. I didn't drink in public and I couldn't share my problem in public (in front of people). That's why "MY Way Out" was so attractive to me. So far so good for me. There is a lot of support here. You guys keep coming back, gut your stuff together, and dive with us. Eliziby

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Thanks, Eliziby,

I am very grateful for people like you who are caring about us new ones. Congrats on 4 weeks, anni

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

So after 4 weeks how are you doin? Are you takin the topa and how do you feel now? Gabby

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi everyone,

So, I think I found my doc. I'm going back to him for a physical, but we had a long discussion about the program and he wants me to bring in the literature. I did ask him how he felt about off label prescriptions, and told him why. He didn't balk at it, so that's good. To be honest with you, I don't know how I feel about changing the neurotransmissions in my brain! I think I'm going to go ahead and start without the topa. Any feedback veterans? Thanks.

Pam

Comment

Working...
                                X