Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

Still alive and kicking

It's Saturday night and I am now having a couple of glasses of wine, nothing since Wednesday, but I feel more responsible since joining "the club" it makes me feel a little more responsible (that's what we are looking for, right?). My kids are watching a movie after a day of playing and having fun (with Mom too). I taught my Bootcamp class this morning after having no vino the night before and I really felt "on fire" (the class participants certainly felt my extra energy!! If only they knew why). What does anyone know about GABA? Is it all it's cracked up to be?

B.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Still alive and kicking

Hi there, great going! I've added a bunch of ed posts in the general discussion that you may want to read but gaba is really good for anxiety and calming you down, however, you need to take it with b6 or activated b6 (p5p). It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier completely but you do need it for all of your cells so it does work well. I also use phenibut, which also has theanine. Phenibut crosses the blood brain barrier more efficiently. Anyway, just check out the first two or three pages in the General discussion area for a lot of the background on the aminos, drinking causes, why it's not in your mind, what type of drinker you might by (thiq, allergic, etc,) and some nutritional formulas that can help you with stress, fatigue, anxiety, etc, in addition to the current all-in-one. Again, great going on the exercise! Kick butt!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi I'm a newbie!

Hello everybody!
        I have just found this site this morning and am totally unable to stop reading all your stories. I am not alone. I have tried so often to stop, but it never lasts more than 3 days at the most. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am afraid that I have drank enough to have procured peripheral neuropathy, a condition that feels like you just fell into an enormous anthill and all the beasts are actually living under your skin. I am a good 40 pounds overweight, my stomach is visibly extended and only male size sweat shirts can hide some of it. Every morning I great myself in the mirror with such disgust. Ain't it a great way to start the day.
        Do you think there is hope for me after all these years.
        Lori

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Hi I'm a newbie!

CV:
          Where are all the med posts in the general discussion? Can't find them.
          Thanks,
          Ellen

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

second week done

Hi:
            24 days sober! Campral definitely helps.
            When I have 30 days in, I'm stopping the Campral and will see how moderation goes.
            I'm using the basic program of supps plus glutamine, gaba, and now I have increased the kudzu. So now I won't know what's doing what, but I don't care if the demon is controlled.
            Going on vacation this week, and dragging the supps, the All One, my "latte foamer" (mixes the All One very well), with me. I refuse to take the huge pill box and got envelopes of various sizes today to organize the pills by time, day and week. It's a good thing that this part only lasts for six weeks. I really like the hypno tapes and may continue using them.

Still spinning too! Damn!
            Ellen

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Here are the links to the meds and educational posts in GD.

It's not all in your mind! Nor lack of willpower
              p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1365.topic

What kind of Drinker am I? (quiz)
              p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1364.topic

This gives some excellent background for nutrition, diet, etc.
              links...p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1294.topic

Additional nutrition formulas for stress, fatigue, etc.
              p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1363.topic

Dry Drunk/Sugar Cravings
              p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1392.topic

THIQ in the BRAIN, why some can't stop drinking
              p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...1393.topic

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Lori,

Don't think nobody cares!! I hope you get to read this soon! There is help, start with downloading the book, go all over the web site and explore.......read a bunch of posts!! Get the supps and topa (it has worked so far and only taken 3 days worth!!) exercise(that wll help w/ the weight!!:happy )

Also, one side effect you may have from the topa is weight loss, I haven't had a decrease in appetite, in fact have an increase so far, but only on 25 mg:

You will meet sweet and caring people on this site, so keep posting and register, it is easy and free!!

Mary Anne:P :d

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Mary Anne,
                  Thanks for the support. I am so hopeful today. I only had one drink late last night and of course I only slept about an hour.
                  I am in a really good mood today (almost feisty!). I have ordered the book and the disks and can hardly wait for them to come. I can feel in the pit of my stomach that this has to work for me. I am a very private person, but I know that I will need all of your support in this.
                  Thanks soooooooooooo much for your comments,
                  Kind regards.
                  Lori

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hey there Lori,

I am a VERY private person too , hence, why AA didn't quite do it for me! Standing up in front of everyone (or sitting and talking) HOW devastatingly horrible!! You will get all the support you need here, hopefully!! I check and post as often as possible, not always as sometimes I am busy at work, but today I am BORED beyond tears......Keep me posted as to how you are feeling, it is 1:45 PM EST where I am, and I will be here another 3 r so hours just goofing off!!
                    :

Mary Anne

PS: Glad you are feeling better! Sleep will come!! :h :d

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I'm a newbie!

Hi Maryann,
                      finally got back from a stupid meeting. Had a bad day yesterday. Lost a deal, had a complaining client and another potential deal is down the tube and ended up having 3 drinks. What's this about 5:00 in the afternoon. Thats when I get antsie. That's also about the time that my husband tinkers his ice cubes into his glass - can hear it all over the house. He drinks his fair share, but I think I am drinking more than him now. He thinks he does not have a problem, but I know otherwise now. I wonder if neuropathy is reversible in the long term. Also found something somewhere that says that one cannot work off the extra calories from alcohol. I believe it. Am looking forward to the books and CD's. How does one turn off ones brain???? I am always going a 100 miles a minute. I need some peace and hope. Lori.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: I'm a newbie!

Lor,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, except on the moderation forum....was very busy (moderating)....you need to figure out what you want to do, not right away, or do both, mod and abs.....I don't drink at least 4 days a week then have a few 3 days (or only two, that is my goal!) If you only had 3 (instead of 6, that is great......don't get too upset w/ yourself!!!

Having a hubby who drinks like a FISh, :evil :evil I can relate, mine also does many other mind altering things, which bothers the H*ll out of me!! BUT, I need to remember, I have only control over my actions, not his!! (how profound, wish I could always remember that!)

Hope today finds you doing well, and you can email me on the ezpost, if you want, I promise I will respond..........:h :h :d

Mary Anne

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I've been reading the posts here and feel encouraged already, i've been so alone with this problem, i cant believe there are so many people that i can relate to. finally. my friends and family have no idea how bad i am. i almost made it to a week once without a drink but lost again. I've been trying to stop for the past few years. I just cant do it alone. When i start up i just dont stop. i hate it. sick of it. and hating myself too for drinking until i pass out, for having no self control. really out of control. i want last night to be the LAST. i went through a case of 24 beer! Just like water. If there was more, i would have drank more. i am a pathetic drunk. i dont want to be that anymore. so i will keep reading here.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Katie, LOri, everyone.....

you are in the right place :h Encouragement from everyone here I am sure!! Just keep plugging away! I found I couldn't stop at just one or 3 or 24........ever!!! until I started on the supps, but was scared to even try moderation til I started topamax, and I swear!!! it made it totally possible to stop at 2 or 3 already (maybe just the "placebo effect", but I am going with it!!! or you may just want to not drink at all, many do that too! My dream was moderation, and think it has been realized finally for the first time in my life!!

Whatever your goal, I am SURE you will reach it, just keep one trying with all the tools this program has!:d :h

Mary Anne

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Kathie,
                              welcome to all of us 'spirited' spirits. I just started to come here too and the support alone has enabled me to be 36 hrs.
                              dry. I know its not a big deal, but to me it is. I have no real advise for you other than read "allllllllllllllllll" the posts. We, in one shape or form express the same anguish, loneliness and self hatred as the next person. Just the fact that we can come out of our closet and talk about it and 'fess up to somebody has been a tremendous relief to me. (guess is't like a catholic confession - these Jesuits can't be all wrong). Sorry! And everybody replies without judgement. Together, we are a powerful force. My dad once showed me a match and asked me to break it. I did. Asking what this was all about, he handed me a bunch of matches and told me to break them in halve as well. I couldn't. He was trying to teach me about the power of the multitudes or team spirit. I remembered this as I was lying in bed trying to figure out how all this works.
                              Please stick with us and together we'll beat this.
                              Lori

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Lori, I can relate so much to what you're saying. Also like the lesson about the matches...
                                I know when I was drinking a lot... like a 12pk a day+... the thought of having a glass of water to help with a headache, never occured to me. It was just ... more beer, more beer, more beer... the ol mantra... never enough... then of course I'd always run out.. & then I'd be in no shape to drive, to go get more, & definately in no shape to go to work, so the self-loathing would take over,... then the worrying about the bills & everything I was neglecting... which WAS... EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE!... God what a vicious cycle.... Do I miss that??? NOT!!!!:happy SOOOO Glad I found this place & this program! My life has changed, back to where I can enjoy it again! I actually have a life now. Instead of drinking & hiding & lying ....:c

I came so close to loosing everything near and dear to me. I thank GOD every morning/moment for this program & and everyone here....:P :d If I can do it ANYONE CAN!:h :d , Judie

Comment

Working...
                                X