Hi I'm a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Diane, Congrats on 4 days! That's great! I havn't done that in in about a mo. now... Maybe again, sometime soon?
    Still gearing up... I'm strugling w/ having the temptation in the home...
    My Hubby enjoys his beer...... & I'm the one w/ the problem. so.....although, lately he's been drinking more than me... Hummm.
    He's never missed work or lost a job, etc... over it...Anyway I do know what I'm capable of if I'm not very, very, vigilant ...the support would be nice,but...
    So, this isn't really about him, sorry I'm rambling...
    But really congratulations, and welcome aboard! Hugs, Judie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi St Jude,
      Changed my user name to Trak2 for a personal reason. I do get nervous about my drinking. I love my wine. Lately it just has been out of control and have noticed a persobality change. Everytime I try to cut down it just doesn't seem to last very long. This week however I did not drinknfor 4 days and I am proud of that but still don't know if I can do that forever. Inhaven't bought the book yet but have done allot of reading in the last 2 months. Do enjoy this sight the most.
      Thanks for your support.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi I'm a newbie

Reading your messages makes me think that anything is possible. I am living in Belgium where I have been with my husband and three boys for twelve years. I have been drinking two bottles + of wine per day for as long as I can remember. I have tried to stop several times but always end up falling off the wagon and hating myself for it. I am determined to succeed this time and you all make me believe that it is possible. I have also ordered the book and didn't drink anything yesterday for the first time. Not sure if all these other things you talk about are possible to get over here - I have been prescribed Clonazepamum in the past but always stop taking it because I want a drink. Good luck to you all...

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Hi I'm a newbie

Hi Cochinelle,

I hope you stay with us and start the program. Everyone is so wonderful here and we are all in the same struggle to get the help we deserve. It can be a challenge - but I have found it isn't as hard or as scary with all the help of the suppliments and medications. I finally received my Topamax in the mail (I too, would never want to have a prescription filled for fear of someone finding out about my problem). So even in Belgium, there is hope. This on-line community brings the world a little closer

I spent 7 years in Germany (I am from the U.S.) and looking back, my drinking really became a problem during this time. The culture there is so centered around drinking. Not that I'm blaming 'that culture' for my drinking, it was just easier to accept my behavior then.

I understand how scary it is to think of not drinking. Don't be hard on yourself if you slip, but always move yourself in the direction of change and every little step counts here!
          Take good care,
          Dob

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

hi i'm a newbie

I am really going to give it a try. Trouble is the prospect of sitting sober around lots of other people having fun is pretty sobering! One of the reasons I got into drinking is that i found it relaxes me - until the next morning. Like you said, in cultures where everybody drinks it is hard not to drink. I am waiting for the book and am determined to give it a try. Being able to swap notes with other people in the same boat really helps. Thanx for your good wishes - good luck to you too.

cochinelle

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: hi i'm a newbie

Hi Cochinelle,

I don't know whether you got my post on the other thread but I sent you an ezMail if you check your ezInbox. If you already have then just ignore me!!!

-Michelle x

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

thanks for your e-mail Michelle. Hope you got my reply. Still waiting for the book and will give it a go............... thanks for listening!!!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi I am new too and just found out about this site yesterday from my best friend that I have not talked to in a long time. Life has a way of sending us what we need and I know I need to start something because I know I have a problem. I have managed (or at least think I have) to keep this a secret from most people in my life. I come across as very put together and also an avid health nut and runner. I put allot of demands on myself and at the end of it all I am exhausted and turn to drinking too much, then I hate myself and feel physically sick. It really has become a rat race and I can honestly say that I hate being drunk. I would drink wine with the excuse that it is good for you and that it is more sophisticated than drinking beer but I know that's all one big lie I tell myself. So I am really thinking about starting up.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Can you tell me where to get the Topa on line. I also live in UK.
                    Thanks
                    Helen

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi again Cochinelle,

Yes I got your reply, thanks. Have you received your book yet? If not don't lose your resolve!! Keep reading the posts here, they're a great source of inspiration and if you feel like it, start posting yourself too. It might keep you going until the book comes. Don't feel you'll be judged if you're drinking whilst posting, it's not like that, we all understand!! If you have any questions, I'm sure they'll be answered. My ezBox will always be open for you hun if you need to off load in any shape or form. Good Luck!

-Michelle x

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Helen and welcome

I'm in the UK too. The site mentioned before on here is inhousepharmacy.com (supposed to be very reputable! (sp?)) However, I just Googled it and compared the prices as it's sooo expensive! There's not a lot in it though. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

-Michelle x

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi tryingtobegood2,

Welcome to the site. Have you read many of the posts? If you have you will have noticed a common thread running through them that sound a lot like yours- the self hatred, the waking up not wanting to feel like you do anymore, the guilt, the drinking to escape...the list goes on!! So you are not alone!! Have you read the book? Along with reading the posts on here (and posting yourself if you feel up to it) I would advise doing this first, then you'll feel stronger about your decision to stop/moderate your drinking (I did anyway!) and you'll know what the hell we are all talking about...lol!!

Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound too preachy...I don't want to scare you off. This program really has worked wonders for me. I'm at a place now that I never dreamed I could ever be (regarding my drinking anyway!!!) It's not easy but if you really want it then you CAN do it.

-Michelle x

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Thanks Michelle

I have not received the book yet but was so disgusted by the copious amounts that I have drunk over the last few weeks that I have not touched a drop for two (big deal I know!) whole days. The invention of the box of wine was great for some but for me was a bad thing because I keep drinking and do not see how much I am drinking. I have also started taking Rivotril which my doctor prescribed. I can only normally take it for ten days - don't know why as it seems to be an epilepsy drug like Topa so I may get some Topa as it is really helping the cravings. Unfortunately my food consumption has soared so if you hear news of a whale being spotted in Belgium - look no further!!! Can't wait to get the book. Thanks for your support.

Elaine xx

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Cochinelle,

Well done on the 2 days! That's fab'! And it *is* a big deal. I can remember when I was still drinking and there was the occasional day when I wouldn't and I'd think to myself "Well done", followed by "Don't be so bl**dy stupid, it's one day, for God's sake" which would promptly push me back into drinking again. The truth of it is you have to start some where, which means there has to be a Day 1, Day 2, etc.....hopefully, sooner or later it'll be weeks not days!!

I'm not familiar with the med' you wrote about but if it's working for you...! Have you spoken to your Doc' about Topa?

I was supposed to go to my Dr's yesterday but they couldn't fit me in for an appointment due to their new system.....>: ...the same thing has happened today which has resulted in me running out of Campral, I think I'm going to be in for a rough 24hrs!! Grrrrrr......not a happy chappie!! I have to say I'm a little worried, I hope I'm strong enough to see it through.

Keep strong and have a good day.

-Michelle x

PS. If anyone else reads this and has any suggestions they'd be much appreciated!!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Am seeing my doctor next week - she is on holiday at the moment but am definitely going to ask about Topa. Can't take Rivotril for more than ten days - don't know why but definitely need something I can take long term. Am feeling pretty shitty today. Tired, and a bit shaky but determined to see it through. Has the Campral helped you? Do you take Topa as well? The cravings have been under control for the last two days but i am terrified that it will not last. Seem very tired too so slept a lot yesterday as I was not at work. Thanks for your support - you are a doll!! You sound as tho' you are doing tremendously and are an inspiration to us all!!

Elaine x

Comment

Working...
                                X