Vegemite on Toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegemite on Toast

Grits are very similar to quinoa. Grits casserole is quite yummy with jalepeno Cheez Whiz. I would not eat it now but loved it back in the day before I knew Cheez Whiz is gross.

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Grits are from grains; tastes like grains; still in somewhat of a grain form.
      But yeast???
      I stand firm on my views on the inhumanity of feeding rotten curdled yeast to animals, nevermind humans.

Ok, to tell the truth, Det and I have a family joke about this. He always kept some Marmite in the house, which I could not stand the smell of. On his most recent overdrinking binge, he insisted on eating a whole jar of Marmite on crackers and promptly threw it up. Days later he said he still had the taste in his mouth.
      Predictably, we have not had Marmite or Vegemite in the house since.

Dx
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

That is priceless DX. I would never eat Marmite again either.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

I did some research today - Vegemite was created by a scientist whose charge it was to find a use for the leftover yeast from the beer making process. Does that explain a fondness for the Aussies??
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

I've always wanted to know what a vegemite sandwich was..

Can someone please post the recipe so I can decide if my stomach will tolerate? Dx, what is in it? I was picturing sauteed red peppers, onions, topped with fresh sprouts, fresh onion, perrionchi peppers, a layer of pesto instead of mayonnaise...yummy cheeses.....

I must be off base, completely!

Well, you've just heard my version of vegemite sandwich! Oh... and only on whole grain bread, slightly toasted.
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Its funny only got marmite last week... not had it since the kids were babies... use to give them soldier toast butter and marmite and a boil egg. They loved it... my son still likes it. (not that much as he use to when he was a baby) I wonder why.

Determinatrix...I put marmite on crackers the other day not a good idea put loads of it on. Realise it taste a lot better on toast but just a tiny bit. ( got a very strong taste to it)

Dont know how long that jug of marmite is going to stay in that kitchen cupboard though!!!!

Love

Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

I reckon if there was a leak on the roof of your house, you could slap a vegemite sandwich on it and that would fix it for a long time.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Determinator;311212 wrote: I reckon if there was a leak on the roof of your house, you could slap a vegemite sandwich on it and that would fix it for a long time.
                  LOL..NOW i know why my kids are so tough inside.:H
                  At least we know what to build the ' Rocket Art' with and its cheaper.

Love
                  Teardrop.x
                  family is everything to me

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Well, i love my vegemite.

Happy anniversary friend! xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

happy birthday Vegemite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aix0cEp0N_0[/video]]YouTube - VEGEMITE AUSTRALIAN COMMERCIAL
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Love that commercial!!!

Has anyone tried it on lamingtons to replace the chocolate? I cleaned out the cupboards today and discovered 3 half used jars.

Also, should I be concerned about a "Best by" date of 2008? I'm told that "Best by" doesn't mean "Use by".

Letitia Cropley (Vicar of Dibley)
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Ha - with Vegemite or Marmite, I think a best by date is best totally ignored!! I love both of them and always have done - I laughed at the recipe!!! Yes, I suppose it is an acquired taste though - I have yet to meet an American who likes it (I live in USA but am English and always have to bring a large jar back!).

The English shop that used to be near me had a whole tray of small Vegemite jars past their sell by date and they gave them to me - I used them up over time and they were great.

Sunshinedaisies
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

OK! New Zealand Marmite rocks! I have had it on toast every morning since i was two!
                            I am wounded that you lot dont know what it is or how to use it. If ya wana try the real thing come to NZ!
                            YUMMMMMMO! :nutso:
                            HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

And its so easy peasy

You rock,

Sammys

Comment

Vegemite on Toast

Sammys! how the heck you been?

ps...I'm sure we can combine vegemite with garlic and make the perfect food.

Garmite
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X