Happy Cookies (Good for the Brain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wasted your money on an insulated sheet. They do not let cookies brown enough. How did you get 30 cookies out of a recipe that says it makes 12?
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I made them small- dah

Should I be using convection though for the baking? I think so and I did not.

Comment

No, it will burn the tops. You just should not have used an insulated sheet.

Comment

Well this should be interesting. Lushy has been harassing me via email for days to make these so I just did. But I didn't have enough flour so I added pancake mix. Then I only had 2 cups walnuts so added pecans to make up the difference. I only had about half enough maple syrup so I added agave syrup. No carob chips, I thought I had chocolate, but only had white chocolate. I don't have cooking spray so I used butter. And I put 12 cookies on the pan and still have nearly half the dough left in the bowl.

So we'll see how they are when they come out!

I think Lushy should hold a weekly cooking class here.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

They're pretty good! Next time I'll make sure I have the ww pastry flour and carob or chocolate chips. But I like using agave. I don't know what "set" means, but they were definitely done in 15 minutes - maybe even a little too browned on the bottom.

Thanks for the recipe LuCKy. I'll try the other one later.

Comment

So basically you did not make the recipe at all? I don't think you are entitled to give an opinion then.

Comment

I'd say the same to you but then I don't think you'd ever have anything to say ever again.

Comment

Eating these happy cookies have me so happy that I will not let your comment hurt me.

Comment

Glad you are on the Happy Cookie Bandwagon MWO! I am adding raw coconut next time.

Comment

I think they are not sweet enough...add more sugar !!!!!!!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I used extra chocolate chips to make it sweeter. I love the idea of adding coconut as well.

Comment

Me too. And you might try it with agave - very good.

Comment

These cookies are the bomb!!
                            First batch finished, need to make another.

P.S. I couldn't get maple syrup so substituted it for 1/2 honey and 1/2 molasses.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DB,

Glad you liked them. I put dried cranberries in my batch yesterday and that was good too! Enjoy! Hope your brain is happy now! I have baked them with and without the convection part of oven on and I like them with convection the best. They were softer. If they do get hard, you can zap them in the microwave to soften them up.

Comment

It's such a easy recipe LuCKy and it is fun to play around with. I made another batch yesterday and modified it slightly by substituting 1/2 a cup of my homemade muesli for 1/2 the walnuts which is packed with goji berries.

P.S. DH has taken to telling me to "go chew on a happy cookie" if I am having a bad day LOL!
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X