American Slicing Cheese Appetizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo, I went and googled vegetarian gelatin, which is a bit of an oxymoron but anyway. I buy agar-agar in chinese supermarkets in long thin blocks (it's what I know) and use about 2 inches per recipe (not very precise, sorry).

There are a number of vegetarian-appropriate setting agents on the market — among them agar-agar (powder, strips, or flakes from a sea vegetable), arrowroot (a starchy powder from the tropical tuber of the same name), guar gum (the product of East Indian seed), Xanthan gum (a corn extract), kudzu (a starchy powder from the plant’s tuber), and certain ground nuts and seeds. Most (but not all) kosher gelatins are also vegetarian
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

This is very interesting. If and when any of you ladies or gentlemen make this could you post a photo?

I am a barely hanging on meat eater, who is ever more digusted by what I actually put into my mouth. Part of my reluctance to changing is the fact that I KNOW none of my family would accept the change so I would be increasing my workload and cooking for sometimes eight of us...and two separate meals..
      Secondly, I would not know where to begin, and my shopping is limited to every two weeks due to living in a remote area, and most produce doesn't last that long. AND my fridge died so living out of a cooler until likely May '10...

ack...ok, I went off on a proper tangent into left field there.
      I would love to hear peoples results with this, I guess was my point.
      Sorry for rambling.
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
      X