Not Your Mother's Banana Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat 1st 6 ingredients together in large bowl beginning with sugar or honey and butter
    Add eggs one at a time
    Add extracts and rind and beat until light in color
    Sift the rest of the ingredients together
    Add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour (flour-banana-flour-banana-flour)
    After each addition, mix gentlyto combine, but do not beat or overmix
    add nuts last
    butter loaf pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds
    pour in batter and sprinkle top with sesame seeds
    bake 40-50 minutes
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

The banana soaked in strong coffee sounds very enticing! Too many steps for me though so please bring me a loaf!

I love Moosewood!

Comment

It was a lot of steps. Reminded me why I don't bake. :H I made it as a gift and I managed a sample. Make you swoon!
      sigpic

Comment

If it's from Moosewood, it's probably tops. My husband requests that I make their pound cake every year for his birthday. We have been to Moosewood Restaurant, a couple hours from where we live.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mollie Katzen has a website now, with recipes! Mollie Katzen Online
          sigpic

Comment

My SIL could live on banana bread! I'm a lucky one - he lurves his Mother-In-Law. The big galoot picked me up in a bear hug and swung me around Sat when I got to the BD party, and I'm NOT a little thing! I'm going to stay at their new house a few days while they're moving in, and I promised to cook for them and watch the kids during all the business, and SIL is just giddy at the prospect. Imagine how good a slice of your bread, grilled, with a scoop of vanilla bean icecream would be?!?! I'd be giddy too!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X