Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lentils and rice

sautee onions in 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
    if using curry, sautee with the onions for 2 minutes to bring out the flavors
    add garlic to taste (i use a lot)
    add water
    add lentils (i use red or small french lentils)
    add rice
    let it cook until rice is done
    add s&p, spinach and sesame oil or olive oil (if you want it)

eat it!

lentils and rice

Oh my, oh my.
    I love lentils. I love rice. I love garlic. I love spinach. Use only olive oil - EVOO. Would never, ever have thought of combining all of these ingredients. I would not add the curry as I don't like it. But I could imagine that a can of cooked, peeled, chopped tomatoes would be a great addition. I'm going to try this on the weekend. Accompanied by GREEK feta as it is the only "real" feta and big chunks of toasted rustic bread. Oh dear, now I'm hungry.
    Thanks so much Peace for this recipe. It will be a regular from now on at "Stirly's Diner".
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

lentils and rice

yum, I love this and I haven't done it for ages. Problem of what to cook for dinner now solved!!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

lentils and rice

Comment

lentils and rice

Sounds great, I will use brown rice and swiss chard - much easier to grow than spinach because it doesn't bolt in hot weather. The stem colors available now are beautiful in my garden!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

lentils and rice

Check out this other one too: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...cos-37614.html

Peacenik, when I first saw you back, this recipe immediately came to mind (glad to see you back around - and I'll have to try the lentils too!).
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

lentils and rice

how much water?

Comment

lentils and rice

Not sure how I missed this recipe and I think a can of chick peas would be a good addition.

Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

lentils and rice

Wonka;1042026 wrote: how much water?
                  depends on how "soupy" you want the end result to be. start out with a two parts water to one part lentils and rice...add more if you want it soupier.

Comment

lentils and rice

This is the perfect recipe for moi! What sort of curry powder should one use?

Comment

lentils and rice

OK it's simmering on the stove and smells delicious. I will check in later and let you know how yummy it was...
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

lentils and rice

Twas delicious. Nutty flavor and I enjoyed the garlic and curry touches. Yummy.
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

lentils and rice

yay!

fennel, one should use whatever kind of curry powder one likes best!

Comment

lentils and rice

How lovely ... all the spammers are having a little get-together.

Comment

lentils and rice

I tried this out the other day......... Loved it! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X