Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

world cup draw

mario;892523 wrote: Tuesday's matches
    France v South Africa Kick-off 15:00 BST Mexico v Uruguay Kick-off 15:00 BST Greece v Argentina Kick-off 19:30 BST Nigeria v South Korea Kick-off 19:30 BST

for stirlygirly come on greece :-)
    Thank you Mario. Mr. Stirly seems quite positive about the outcome. I'm positive, too. Positive that we're gonna get thumped and thumped well. :upset::upset: I'll be watching the game of course but it is flippin' Argentina we're playing so I guess we have to be reasonable about who the winner will be....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

world cup draw

Hey Stirl, This has been THE World Cup of surprises. Don't write of Greece yet

I am happy that you guys are behind SA today
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

world cup draw

After that major screw up by that Moronic Offical ......we await Wed. for our game with Algeria....Go USA ! Ha!
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

world cup draw

Has any statement been made whatsoever about the dissallowed goal IAD???? What was teh REF actually thinking?! Offside? Foul?? WTF???
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

world cup draw

[I]Johnnyh......He had no reason why he made that call !!! The Org. decided to suspend him for the rest of the Tourament[.......Shit ! So Much power wielded by an offical....Oh well, we need to win on Wed. IAD/I]
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

world cup draw

wow... really??!!!! Well good call that. Someone like that shouldn't be reffing in the World Cup. I hope that's the end of his professional career. (outch.... Ok. I'm not that unforgiving. let him get a little more experience at a lower level rather )

He obvisouly was in doubt about something. They really should introduce 3rd ref/tv refs if in doubt about goals, penalties, etc.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

world cup draw

We call it instant replay here in the states. We have it for American Football.....but that's it. Basketball in some cases. It has helped replaced some really bad calls. It will be hard to implement this on a world wide event.....IAD
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

world cup draw

just an update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group A: Uruguay play Mexico on Tuesday afternoon in Rustenburg knowing that if they draw they will both progress to the knockout stages. However, that scenario would see Mexico finish as runners-up and that would mean a likely game against in-form Argentina in the last 16. A win for either side would open the door for France and South Africa who play in Bloemfontein. Both the hosts and the troubled French need a win, although their vastly inferior goal difference could count against them.

Group B: Argentina are as good as through. Even if they lose 3-0 to Greece, South Korea would have to beat Nigeria by the same margin to stop them progressing. So the race is for second place and the three other teams could all still claim it. South Korea have to match Greece's result against Argentina to go through, so long as they don't lose. If they do lose, Greece go through with a draw against the South Americans. However, if Nigeria beat South Korea and Greece lose, the Africans go through as runners-up.

Group C: Slovenia need a draw against England to qualify, although if they lose, they will still go through as long as the United States and Algeria tie. England have to win to guarantee their progress. If England and the US draw their respective games, goal difference will come into play and if both sides are totally even then lots will be drawn to decide who goes through. Algeria will go through if they beat the US by two clear goals.

Group D: Ghana and Germany will advance if they draw and Serbia draw with Australia. If Germany, Ghana or Serbia win, they go through. Serbia will qualify with a draw if Germany beat Ghana by more than one goal or if Ghana wins. Australia need to beat Serbia heavily and hope the other game ends in a draw or a big defeat or else they are out.

Group E: The Netherlands are through and will confirm top spot if they avoid defeat against already eliminated Cameroon. The Dutch will be joined by Japan if they avoid defeat against Denmark. The Danes will take second spot if they win.

Group F: Paraguay need a draw against New Zealand to move into the last 16. Should the All Whites win the game, they will go through. Italy need to beat Slovakia to be assured of going through, but a draw would be enough if New Zealand lose. If Slovakia beat Italy, they will sneak through, but only if New Zealand beat Paraguay and even then, goal difference could come into play.

Group G: Brazil are already into the last 16 and will win the group if they avoid defeat against Portugal. The Portuguese are likely to join them, even if they lose, after their 7-0 mauling of North Korea boosted their goal difference. Ivory Coast have to thrash already eliminated North Korea to stand a chance of overturning the nine-goal deficit.

Group H: If Spain beat Chile, they will go through. If the Spaniards lose, they will go out if Switzerland draw with Honduras, or if the South Americans win heavily. Spain are also out if they draw and Switzerland beat Honduras. Chile need to avoid defeat to go through. If Chile lose to Spain, Switzerland will qualify if they beat Honduras by at least two goals.

have you got all that :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

world cup draw

johnnyh;892587 wrote: Hey Stirl, This has been THE World Cup of surprises. Don't write of Greece yet

I am happy that you guys are behind SA today
                    We were very much behind SA and look how well they played and what a great outcome!! Well done....:wave:

Bye bye Francie....:H:H
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

world cup draw

ya bye bye frenchies

Comment

world cup draw

MEX v URU
                        0-1

FRA v RSA
                        1-2

GRE v ARG
                        0-2

NGA v KOR
                        2-2

Argentina & south korea go through to last 16

Comment

world cup draw

Wednesday's matches
                          Slovenia v England Kick-off 15:00 BST USA v Algeria Kick-off 15:00 BST Australia v Serbia Kick-off 19:30 BST Ghana v Germany Kick-off 19:30 BST

Some good matches today, The much media hyped up england must win to go through,And the usa have to win against algeria which should be a great match also,good luck to all

Comment

world cup draw

Very proudly South African today indeed. They played their hearts out and did us proud. Not quite enough to make it into next round on goal difference but nevertheless what an effort. Former World Champion and World Cup Finalists France beaten. And the 4:0 we needed didn't look unlikely at half time. Beautiful game.

Well done to Greece as well. I fell asleep in second half I must admit but did very well to keep a leash on the Argentinians. Result unfortunate but a good effort. Maybe a little challenging to play with just one forward but the defensive team tactics worked for most of the match.

Good Luck to England and the States today.

I hope Australia beats Serbia and German beat Ghana (I would obviously hope that ).
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

world cup draw

WOW..........What a Game....US 1--Algeria 0..
                              USA wins the bracket, they and England go to the next round ! IAD
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

world cup draw

well done USA and england :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X