The Fear Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fear Factor

If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.

Wow - that was my devotional today from Joshua 18:3 "How long ye slack to go to possess the land, which the Lord God of your Fathers hath given you?" (KJV - sorry that's the one I have in front of me right now!)

What has kept me from really addressing the issue of Alcohol in my life for this long? I am not one to believe All alcohol is sin .... until it has you in bondage. Then it is Sin. So - the fact that I have been in bondage to Alcohol for so long really was a cross between sin and helplessness for me.

But what if I had not put this off so long and why did I? Fear. Fear until I was paralyzed with more fear! It reinforced my fears when I couldn't get started!

So if you find yourself putting off something ... Ask yourself how much harder it will be to do it if you keep putting it off? Ask God to show you how to overcome your fear; then do what he says. He wants you to succeed and live a fulfilled life. When you step out in faith, God is right there with you - Thanks be to Jesus Christ!

Blessing to your Sunday!

Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

The Fear Factor

that is what i love now that i am facing all of my fears. and am feeling so much better with everthing i do now thank you for the reminder
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

The Fear Factor

One of my favorite verses that has gotten me through two deployments(my son) to Iraq and many other fearful things:

"God has not given the spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind"..

If fear is not of God then guess who it does come from...
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The Fear Factor

Yesss.... great stuff. Get out of town FEAR, you have nowhere to hide.

Lxx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
        X