I need a new drug, I mean church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is speaking in tongues? I don't want someone's arm around my waist. And you know what I just remembered. I don't like to sing in public. I can't follow a tune to save my life and always dreaded the hymns.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Green
      It sounds like you would make a great nun with a vow of silence.

I sat on my patio last night and listened to the tree frogs and the birds and looked at the full moon.
      It was a "worship" experience.
      As someone else said.."It's all about your relationship with God".
      The Holy Bible says we get there through Jesus Christ.
      Jesus said .."I am the Truth and the Way....no one comes to the Father except by me".
      He is waiting at the righthand of the Father to intercede for you and me.
      Just talk to Him.

:hNancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Oh and some people believe that there is a "gift" of the Holy Spirit where you have a special language (God given) to talk and pray in.

Who knows...God IS God...He can do what He wants to ...
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The church I go to is Methodist - which is good because many of our members believe in the abstainance of alcohol, not that they judge those who do drink though. It always serves as a reminder that I should drink in moderation or not at all. Our communion wine is alcohol free. As has been said already it's your individual relationship with God that matters. Oh and I wouldn't worry about having to sing, just close your eyes and listen to the words maybe, you worship God how you feel you want to.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
          X