Christian Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Corner

The reason I started the Christian Corner in the first place, was because many of us were beginning to sound a little too Christian for the "What We Believe" thread and there were a lot of faiths other than Christian using it and some were not too comfortable with it. I hope we will all keep coming back to this board and posting our thoughts and encourging one another. Another thing we might consider for this site. Let's not make a descision now, and we may want to have a trial period for it. How about the Christian Corner being a place that we can also make our prayer request known for each other , and sharing our answered prayer? We all come from so many different backgrounds and this may be carrying the sharing of our faith a little too far, so Let's think about it? I don't want to start something that we will regret. I will tell you this. I have already been you, as well as for myself. None of us would be here if we didn't need His help. Eliziby

Comment

Christian Corner

Thank you so much for your answers. I was being a bit sensitive.
      I just met with a "newbie" Catholic friend. She is such a sweetie pie and I can't help thinking about the "Priest" scandals in the papers. She strengthened my Catholic ideas by reminding me that this religion has not changed one bit from the very beginning, for millenia this religion has not wavered. It is exactly the same from the beginning, so I can not lose faith because another member of this faith has made a mistake.
      Now, what I plan to do is find out how I can take a course in "Religious Studies", then I will be really confused!! :lol
      Seriously, I am interested in everything that's out there and I guess I should use other than the "Christian Corner" for my thoughts.
      GOD BLESS YOU great people!
      CB

Comment

Christian Corner

I think that is a good idea. I need all the help I can find!
        Today has been a yuck day for me. Really down. My daughter and two grandsons came down yesterday and we cooked out. We had fun but when they left I got really sad. I had several glasses of wine and have felt sick all day today. Maybe James does have something in the cds to make you sick if you do over indulge.:rolleyes
        Thank you for your prayers. I will do the same for all of you.

Blessings,
        Nancy

Comment

Christian Corner

CB,
          Just be sure to share back with us what you learn........
          I bought a book on Catechism of the Catholic Church a few months ago. I've been a Baptist all my life but since summer of 2003 when my son was in Iraq, I started seeking "more".... My personal relationship with God through Jesus and the Holy Spirit has become very real. My Father God has shown His amazing love for me in very awsome ways. I pray for your spiritual eyes and ears be open to what you are looking for.
          My prayer for today:
          Father,
          HELP, HELP, HELP....
          THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Amen
          8)

Comment

Christian Corner

Hi southern..
            I assumed you are Baptist because of your location. Up here in the north, we are everything, however someone once told me I should go to the Baptist Church because I am emotional. I went out with a dear friend last week and she suggested that I learn more about Catholicisim, and offered me a course that she took, but I think I want to study (all) Religious Studies because I truly feel we are all connected in the same (Godly) way but the way we use our words are different. Also, the man that I think I love is a Mormon and I don't understand his beliefs but he is VERY strong in everything AND the guy doesn't drink so I never, ever drink when I'm with him and it is easy. What a great way to quit huh?
            Thank you so much for your words. You have no idea how much I appreciate that you are talking to me here because even though we all have this common drinking problem, I believe that we also have a confusion about who is really the higher power of all of us, and I need to look in this direction to find my way out and to be able to talk about my confusion in this area.
            CB

Comment

Christian Corner

CB,
              Even though I'm from "the bible belt" I try to have an open mind....not so open that my brain falls out, but open to loving people no matter how different they are from me. I think God made us all different and He speaks and relates differently with all. I don't think we can put Him in a denomination box! I think He would be bored to death if we were all the same...as would we!!
              I do know that He wants us to have joy in our life on this earth and peace. I do know that there are forces that would like to keep us from finding that..... there is a battle going on for our very soul.
              John 16: 9-17

Blessings and Grace in your search for Truth,
              Southernbelle...............Nancy

Comment

Working...
              X