Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Jakes

Allie;

I have tears of joy for you! Thanks for sharing that dream and story..It was meant for your son to run into that pastor..

And yes, the person in the dream was definetely YOU! What a powerful message in all of this...Freedom from ADDICTION!

Hugs and LOL
    Brandy

Comment

TD Jakes

TD Jakes

Wow....what a story. I think it was absolutly a "God stop"...
      I understand the broken heart thing..I did not have a divorce , but I was a unplanned baby and my mom made no bones about it and my older brother was her baby... "Little Larry".....yuck! Guess who ended up taking care of her until she died............yep....me.. That was ten years ago and I am still coming to forgiveness in my heart. I will think it is all gone and satan will bring something back up. He loves to use old wounds to keep us from being free to be what our Father whats us to be.
      Breaking free is a very good study...I actually did it in my home with some younger women. As Beth Moore says, "if God can use me, he can use anybody".
      God bless you. I wish I lived in Jacksonville so I could visit that church!

Comment

TD Jakes

divine appointment

I wish you all could come visit it too. It was unbelievable! I have never been to a church so full of life. The guest minister also was explaining about having to "renew our minds." He used the true story about this door in his house many years ago that had become warped because of the moisture. It was supposed to be able to open from both ways, but b/c of the warping, it would only open one way. So after living in the house for several years, one day he decided to fix the door. It took him many hours, but finally the door was fixed and able to open both ways as it was originally intended. But what he discovered, was that he and his wife continued to only open the door the same way they always had out of sheer habit. They would "forget" that it was now capable of an easier way to open, but out of habit from the old way, they rarely utilized what the door was now capable of doing. So he said they had to put a note on the door to remind themselves to open it the new way. He said after about a month, they were both utilizing the door the way it was originally supposed to be used. But then he said the strangest thing happen one day. He said one of their kids got hurt, and his wife asked him to run upstairs (it was the door to their bedroom) and get the First Aid kit. So in his panic and distress, he busted open the door the OLD way. He immediately caught himself doing it, and realized something. He felt God showed him something about "old mindsets". That we tend to go back to them when we are stressed, not thinking clearly, etc. So he realized that the "old habit" of opening the door the hard way may always be his first instinct, he had to work daily on renewing his mind to the "new way." He said it became like second nature to open it the new way until stress hit. So he said even though the prison door is unlocked and we are free to go.... we have to be careful to not miss the cage too much!

I love analogies like that... helps me to see that it really is an addiction of the mind first before it is a physical addiction.

I feel so much lighter tonight... but my "old way" keeps telling me it's time for wine! So he said that is when we just need to ask Jesus to come and comfort us in a way we have never allowed him before. So I am doing this all day today... didnt get much work done! Listened to some awesome music all day while I worked around the house. I love that song called... "All who are thirsty." It just makes me cry.

Thanks for listening,
        Allie

Comment

Working...
        X