Water Back Into Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Back Into Wine

There you all go again...making me CRY !!!
    This is SO beautiful...REALLY BEAUTIFUL !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

Thanks for Sharing. Here's a song I enjoy as well. Sorry if it's a repost ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbFh_pD47k4[/video]]YouTube - Joe Walsh "One day at a time"

Joe Walsh "One day at a time"

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

I've thought for many years on many things, and not least addiction. I've asked for help many times, and it has always come, not perhaps in the way I expected but always something, however small it might have seemed to me at the time. I truly believe that a search for something that elevates, even though it may not do so ultimately, is a desire to be closer to God. To me it does not matter what the word is, whether God, Buddha, Jesus, Allah, Krishna, all are but a personification of a reality far greater and more loving than that which our outer experience allows.

It is, in my feeling, that this desire to be closer to something greater than ourselves, unseen, but known at the deepest levels that is the fire fuelling addiction.

I've thought often too, as Lucky has about Jesus turning the water into wine, I love the Johnny Cash song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUcCaWN3Ck[/video]]YouTube - Johnny Cash - He Turned The Water Into Wine (San Quentin).

The context of a period in time where things have taken place is relevant, and wine at that time would have been less corrupted than at this time, and Jesus could but work with the consciousness of the mass of people at that time.

An interesting book for me is "Sugar Blues" by William Dufty, in it he mentions that many hundreds of years ago alcohol was a process of natural fermentation and that beer makers found to have added sugar to their beer to hasten the process, were pilloried and paraded through the town. It's interesting to note that naturally fermented vegetables and sometimes fruits as in the Japanese diet are considered to be beneficial.
        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

It's an incredable song.
          Ive printed out the lyrics and stuck them on the fridge. Im going to make it my daily prayer too.
          Thanks Cinders.

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

Thank you so much for posting this song Cindi...I'm starting over...again...and I couldn't have come across this post at a better time.♥

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

AMEN!! I'm starting over too, I am crying like a baby!!
              How can we put this back up to top!!! for Christmas??
              I don't know how to do that!
              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

Cindi ~ more than 6 months later your post is still helping people... The original link has been removed by the user on You Tube but I found it anyway and I am moved to tears (like so many others!) THANK YOU for sharing this... I will listen to it every day.... You help so many on this sight...
                God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Water Back Into Wine

well I just sent this song to a multitude of people and it will be interesting to see their response.. I have not told anyone about this website, I have only been here a short while, about a week, from be AF to in the midst of a binge brought on by back pain, it is a viscous cycle, and one that i need to get out of..If I only had the courage, I am like the tin man, no courage at all, which is sickening in it own right.. to just break on thru to the other side would be such a delight. it is like I want to keep punishing myself. I know what the outcome will be but I do it regardless, and I know that the tail is wagging the dog, doesn't anyone else see, I keep saying,, here I am do something, maybe this song will give me a response. I told my husband this morning at 5:00 am, just tell me what to do and I will do it. He got the heating pad told me to go lay down plugged it in and told me to feel better.. now what are you supposed to do with that,, I then had three oj's and vodka to take away the pain.. and then I went to work,,I am scared to death to go home..sooner or later it's going to bite me..

Comment

Working...
                  X