Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awakening the Healer With-in

Awakening the Healer With-In

This is a simple yet powerful tool you can use to help you reconnect YOU to YOU !!!
    Every morning, when you wake up take a moment to tune into yourself.
    Relax and pay attention to your breath !!!
    Pay attention to the energy as it flows thru your body. Pay special attention to your feelings. Emotions are the POWER of the universe !!! Your higher self speaks to you thru your feelings/emotions.
    Feelings bypass the intellect and connect you directly to your higher self. That much much MUCH wiser part of you that always HAS been and ALWAYS will BE !!!
    You must learn to trust your feelings above all else. I believe the only time your feelings become "inaccurate" is when they are intellectualized and over analyzed.
    So leave your left brain out of it, as much as possible. When you do, your feelings are the most reliable source of guidance (in all areas of your life). Just allow your feelings to scan your body for any areas of discord.
    You may notice a tingle here or a sensation of stagnant energy somewhere else. These are areas calling for your assistance. Ask how you can help. Perhaps a food or vitamin will come to mind. Maybe your body wants more water.
    Perhaps a color shows up. Pay attention and wear that color in your clothes that day.
    Maybe you need exercise. What ever comes up can help you in you’re quest for health and balance in your life. Color healing is a wonderful tool that i have spent alot of time investigating lately !!!

If you think about it you will realize that before the advent of modern technology, we had to rely on our own instincts to help us survive. Awakening the healer with-in, is simply reconnecting to that source of information. If we needed an herb for a cure, our instinct would direct us in the forest to the right plant. That's ANCIENT WISDOM and i'm seeking to have a better understanding of that !!!

Thru those subtle messages and by remaining alert that source can direct you to everything you need to know. The more you cultivate the inner healer for yourself the more attuned you will be to helping others, in some way. You can not help someone else until you are connected to this inner healer. You come first, and then you can be of use to others.
    The animals can teach us much about this. Have the alertness of a deer, the vision of a hawk, the hearing of a rabbit and use all your senses. There are messages for you in them all. There are messages all around you where ever you are and what ever you are doing. Your job is to wake up and pay attention. Our household pets are not only dear friends but great teachers to us.
    It’s important to spend time with others who are on your same quest, to share information and to discuss your progress, to share ideas about healing techniques or what music nourishes your soul. That is what this journey is all about.
    Find a photo of yourself as a child. Feel what it felt like to be that child. What emotional wounds are you still carrying? How have they manifested in your health today? I have a self healing class called EMDR for those who want to know more about this.
    Very few of us were raised in a family where we felt we fit in. We were taught to pursue financial success at the cost of following our own inner vision. No wonder some of us walk around spiritually bankrupt !!!
    It’s very healing to go back and release those traumas of the past in order to feel whole and healthy today. This is truly the first step to awakening the healer with-in.
    Healing is a journey and enjoy the trip (don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way) !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

great thoughts evie lou, i am trying to get to know the real me,its hard but i am getting there.thanks

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Evie. Great post. I hope you are feeling better yourself.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks, Mr. G !!!
        Waiting for the retest results ......today maybe we can SAFELY be back out in the WORLD !!! YEAH !!!

Comment

Another stimulating post Evie.
          Thank you.
          I feel more and more in tune with my body, and my spirit of late. I have made a conscious effort to look at those things that have been upsetting my balance and often I find them. I sense the little nudges that my body is giving me and I'm acting on them. And it's not hard to do. Being alert to these things is obviously so much easier with a clear mind, unbefuddled by alcohol.
          I'm looking to find others interested in this and have only had success on the internet, where I have learned a great deal. I have broached the subject with a few people and all I get back is some funny looks, but that's OK. I've got to start with myself.

Comment

Love reading your posts Evie and this one is no exception!

I think too many people deal with secondary feelings rather than the primary feeling. I've turned anger/rage into pity, shame into fear, fear into joy etc etc. I feel we as addicts have been so far detached from these primary feelings while in active addiction that we've lost the ability and awareness to be true to these primary feelings. I myself have had such a spiritual re-awakening of late that I've been able to sense my own spirit guide as animal and have faith that a tiger spirit is with me today. Mindfulness meditation is a great way of connecting with the breath too.

All positive stuff and it's a shame that more people in recovery are not more willing to accept that we need to do more than cognitively bring our thoughts and emotions into recovery but our souls as well. Good for you pops! like you say it starts with ourselves first and that can be as simple as doing the right thing; which I think ALL human beings have a blue print of somewhere in their soul!!

Have not been around much of late Evie so have not been aware of your illness. I hope you and Will are safe and feeling a lot better soon. My focal counselor from the treatment centre I was in has just got back from the states and is pig sick too. I shouldn't joke really because she is quite an elderly lady and I love her dearly for what she has given me. So my love and energy goes out to you all.

peace and love
            Phil
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

withdrawn

Comment

Evie, thank you for that.

I am a nature child. I feel that if I do not go into the bush frequently, I will shrivel up and die. It is my food, my breath, my very essence. This time last year I spent 2 week on my own camping in big 5 country. I was AF, which made it so much better.

Every morning my mind travels to those life giving places. When I drink, I feel as though my soul is crying, weeping... it is horrible...

I am leaving for the bush again in a months time. In the meantime, it is vital to connect with the wilderness in my heart, my soul.

I am AF,which fills me with joy.

Comment

withdrawn

Comment

Siwan;666743 wrote: Evie

Thank you so much! :l

I took a few days off, practiced this and the meditation to get my head on straight. I knew I couldn't keep drinking and taking bac. Somewhere my own strength was required, not over- reliance on the bac. Getting back in touch with my higher self is what helped me. Funny how we fail to do that when we need it the most.

So now I'm 4 days AF, no cravings - Think I've turned the corner. I will keep this practice going.

You're a life-saver my dear - Granny taught you well!

Siwan
                    Thanks, I get the feeling granny is a smiling at me today...:H

Comment

bumping for you Ger

Comment

YOUR HEART...

Evie.Lou;668291 wrote: bumping for you Ger
                        never seems to run low on sharing your love with everyone that you do. I am so grateful of that...thank you Evie.Lou

Comment

Working...
                        X