God Vs. Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Vs. Science

Diz, Im happy God has brought you back to His side. There is no doubt that the emotions you felt were directly from God speaking to you. This is why Christians know in their heart that God is indeed real. You can feel Him moving in your soul. Its not fake, its very real. You can see Him working in peoples lives who need him.

I have a copy of the Purpose Driven life, but have yet to read it. Its a very good book, and I should take another peek at it. Thanks Johnny.

And Trucker, if Pastor Rick Warren has done some shady things, or whatever, Well, I will leave it up to God to deal with him on Gods terms.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

God Vs. Science

OverIt2007;867145 wrote: Diz, Im happy God has brought you back to His side. There is no doubt that the emotions you felt were directly from God speaking to you. This is why Christians know in their heart that God is indeed real. You can feel Him moving in your soul. Its not fake, its very real. You can see Him working in peoples lives who need him.

I have a copy of the Purpose Driven life, but have yet to read it. Its a very good book, and I should take another peek at it. Thanks Johnny.

And Trucker, if Pastor Rick Warren has done some shady things, or whatever, Well, I will leave it up to God to deal with him on Gods terms.
      Me and my wife did the 40 days together. It's been amazing. Also to witness the transformation in her. It really helped us to get to the core of things.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

God Vs. Science

[HE WAS IN ALL WAYS SUCH AS WE SIN ONLY EXCEPTED] LOOK IN THE BACK GROUND TED 2006

Comment

God Vs. Science

57 second's into the speach by warren

Comment

God Vs. Science

fennel;864977 wrote: I do look at the world around us...I see a beautiful, amazing place. I'm so glad I was born and that I get to stay here for whatever time I have here. It still doesn't prove there's a god, though. I see it as more of an amazing accident.
            Well put, fennel. :goodjob:

Comment

God Vs. Science

God is as real to me as any of you are. I hope that you will all be able to experience the same one day. Because it has brought amazing healing to me. In terms of my AL recovery, in terms of my life. My marriage was in shambles and broken and when my wife and me made a commitment to our saviour our marriage experienced healing as well. Our marriage isn't what it was when we first met. It is better.

There is no proving God or even the neccessity to. At the end of the day you have to take a step of faith either way. God is real and God is good.

Luv you all. Be blessed
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

God Vs. Science

OverIt2007;866307 wrote: My own personal experience is one of a relationship with God and not religion.

Oh Wow, Johnny.. I could NOT agree with your more. ANd want to know something else? My Paster of a very very large church in Florida could not agree with you more too! In fact, he would say the EXACT same words to our church. Its NOT about religion, its about a "relationship"
                Pastor Bob, Calvary Ft. lauderdale, by any chance?
                "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

God Vs. Science

SoFlo1;869634 wrote: Pastor Bob, Calvary Ft. lauderdale, by any chance?
                  That your church?
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

God Vs. Science

There is no God vs Science.

Science is the search for the truth. God is Truth.

Science is the search for God based on the above.

At least that is the way I look at it.

Science is still searching and that is good but often people get lost in the science and do not see the larger picture.

Cindi - A mathematician and techie dweeb.

ps Science is pretty much all inclusive of many areas of study. Socrates once said, and I paraphrase, "sometimes we can't get the answer to a question but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ponder the question." A daunting statement but where does knowledge come from if we don't question?
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

God Vs. Science

Cinders;869737 wrote: There is no God vs Science.

Science is the search for the truth. God is Truth.

Science is the search for God based on the above.

At least that is the way I look at it.

Science is still searching and that is good but often people get lost in the science and do not see the larger picture.

Cindi - A mathematician and techie dweeb.

ps Science is pretty much all inclusive of many areas of study. Socrates once said, and I paraphrase, "sometimes we can't get the answer to a question but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ponder the question." A daunting statement but where does knowledge come from if we don't question?
                      That's a great post Cinders. FAB!!!

I luv this statement someone told me the other day as well.

Throw a little bit of science at a man and it will push him away from God. Throw a lot of science at a man and it will draw him close to God.

The very genious and complexity of the universe is a miracle.

Another Albert Einstein quote (forgive me, i'm German. :H ) who head his very own views but who's made some relevant statments in his time:

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

God Vs. Science

johnnyh;869705 wrote: That your church?
                        Yep, it's an amazing church IMO and the senior pastor has the street cred to get through to me - 25+ years ago he was running an all girl review in Vegas and ingesting copious amounts of alcohol, coke, and destructive relationships before he hit bottom and was saved. The best part to me is he doesn't "advertise" it as a jailhouse conversion (which as a many time hungover rependent drunk just doesn't sit well me), never says look how bad I was, I did nasty, nasty things before I was saved. He just lets his life and work act as living proof, and that's exactly where I want to go.

Anyways, the online stuff is here if you want to take a look sometime. There are also live services on wednesday night and sunday morning at the homepage.

Thought since you were in Florida you'd like to see how we roll on the east side, as the kids say.
                        AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

God Vs. Science

Hey SoFlo,

Just browsing around reading posts on a AF Saturday night

I live in Clearwater, but I did check out your homepage to your church. Very very similar looking to mine, but mine is Calvary Baptist in Clearwater, Florida. Home (Calvary Baptist Church (Clearwater FL))

The whole reason I get excited about God these days is because I discovered an amazing Pastor who CONNECTED me into the word and world of God. Ever have those Ah Ha! Moments of lightbulb moments? I've had SO many of those in my church. In order to know God you have to learn about Him.

Comment

God Vs. Science

Hey OverIt,

AF Saturday nite thinking about spiritual things - who woulda thunk it, huh?

Checked out your church site and it does seem a lot like mine. It's amazing to me how many great churches there are around if you bother to look for them.

Ah ha moments? I know them well, my problem until lately was that I let alcohol drown out the moments of clarity I did have. I'm really looking forward to see how God shows up in my life now that Ive stopped getting in the way...

Keep the faith!
                            SoFlo
                            AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

God Vs. Science

Hey SoFlo!

I will definately keep the faith and keep it up. You too!

I am pretty sure that as you and me beat the alcohol demon/liar we will be able to see the clearer direction God has always intended for us. Im pretty sure Satan just loves it when we get drowned out away from Gods care and blessings He wants to give us.

Its pretty hard to hear or feel the Holy Spirit from God when your drowning yourself in the misery that alcohol abuse causes. Consider winning this battle against AF giving Satan a big kick in the Balls!

Overit

Comment

Working...
                              X