Spirit filled Christian let yourself be known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need you! I am new and tired if drowning in alcohol. I need to get for church. last week I drove there and sat in the car the whole service, too ashamed to go in. I know that is stupid. Just got starter kid yesterday. Drank about half of typical. Any encouragement especially from those who share my faith much appreciated.:new:

Hi Girl,

I can understand where you are at. I have done the same thing. Please know that you can get out of the pit! Please continue to reach out. The worst thing about alcohol is that it will isolate you. I am am here if you need prayer.

God Bless!

Comment

First off going to church shouldn't be shameful, in fact going to church can help you. Find the church that you feel that is right and go to it. Talk to the pastor in private and talk to him about your problem. He/she could know of things that you can do in order to beat this demon. Your church family can also pray for you and who knows, you could form friendships with so many people there and some could have had a similar history with AL and have beaten it.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MDG, it was very hard for me to be both alcoholic and Christian. I felt too guilty to pray or go to Church. I felt as if I had turned my back on God and after all He had done for me, I was carrying so much guilt and shame around. I used to have a very powerful, spiritual relationship with God. Once I admitted I had a problem to God and I started praying that He would take away the desire for alcohol, things began to change and I felt His powerful love again! I completely understand how you are feeling and I will pray for you. I am also here for you, if you ever need to talk privately, just pm me. Like everyone said, get over the guilt and go to Church. God will bless you for it. Love, Vicki
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
        X