Chopra Center meditation challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chopra Center is doing a 21 day meditation challenge starting this Monday 8/15. You know the 21 day thing - 21 days to integrate something into a habit? That would be good for me because meditation remains hit or miss.

You register to participate. https://www.chopracentermeditation.com/bestsellers/meditation_summer/register.asp
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Just signed up. Settling my mind for mediation/prayer has always been difficult for me. Looking forward to this experience. Thanks Greeneyes.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Ok, I'm in.:thanks:
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Thanks for the info. I signed up a day late but will catch up. It looks really good. I'm excited.

Comment

There is a bit of a journal section prompted by questions. My computer messed up, so I couldn't complete it so I've had more time to mull over the questions. I was surprised how my goals(intentions)became more self than other focused. I believe this is a good thing.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Glad to see you guys joining in the meditation, I'm loving Davidji's voice and delighted to have completed week one, already feeling the benefits
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I am a day behind but I really like it so far. I just hope I am getting something out of it other than just the times I'm sitting through the meditations. RC, what did you mean by a questionnaire? Is there a questionnaire in this program, if so where is it? Tonite I am starting an 8 week mindfulness meditation class as part of the University hospitals integrative medicine program. I hope I like it and get a lot out of it.

Comment

Well Peace, I have only listened to 2 so far, to be honest. I am saving them though and hope to work through them in the future. It wasn't a questionnaire but 3 questions at the end for your to reflect on and record in your personal journal. I hope you get lots out of it too! The deepest meditative state I've ever been in was guided by a man using a didgerdoo. Very powerful mind journey at the time. NO drugs were involved!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

How are you saving them RC? Are they downloadable?

Peace, at the bottom right corner of the page where you listen to the meditation you'll see a "next" button. click that and it takes you to question 1 of 3. Click next again and it takes you to question 2, etc. Your responses are saved so you can go back later and review the answers you put.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've just been saving the incoming email to a folder Greenie. When you sign in, there is also a link to past meditations through the "Meditation Map". Maybe they will remove them when it's over?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I see that you can purchase past series. I'm thinking when the 21 days is over the access will end shortly thereafter and be available for purchase. You may want to get a move on if you want to do it for free.
                      sigpic

Comment

You're probably right! Nothing wrong with 2 or 3 in a day. They are not very long. Thanks!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi girls, just to say that yes they do remove them shortly after the course is finished, I tried to save the last course and couldn't. Good idea to listen to a couple a day to catch up.
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

meditation

Greeneyes--- thanks soo very much for posting about the meditation--- I have been wanting to try it but didn't begin to know how to!
                            Many thanks!!!!

Comment

Well Im delighted to say I followed all of the 21 day meditations and I feel absolutely wonderful. David Ji in particular seems to get me into the most peaceful medative state and todays final meditation was simply awesome! I floated completely out of my body and had the most devine experience.
                              I just wanted to share his final word of prayer which were so inspiring.....

Day 21 Chopra Meditation

Prayer

Today I make the following commitments, I will not criticize, condemn or complain.
                              Every decision I make today will be a choice between a grievance and a miracle.

I am responsible for what i see, i choose the feelings that I experience,
                              I set the goals that I will achieve and everything that seems happens to me I ask for
                              and receive as I have asked.

?Ahum bramassmi? - I am the Universe!
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X