CS. Lewis quote...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS. Lewis quote...

?God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world?

I think my rock bottom was his megaphone...I'm not sure if anyone else experienced it like this - but I came across this and thought - I know what the other morning was to me...and it was this...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

CS. Lewis quote...

Scripture is always so interesting, so open to interpretation at a time in our lives when we need it and are ready to hear the message. Our God will help us, support us, but we still need to do the work of not picking up that glass.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

CS. Lewis quote...

True.

I was reading Dr. Amen's book on Addictions/Recovery - and I read something last night I didn't expect in a medical book by a brain researcher. He said that addictive brains can't recover if there isn't a spiritual pillar to their recovery. That a spiritual pillar is required because it reinforces a number of key brain functions that tend to be low in the brains of addicts.

Well - every time I've tried to quit before - I've ignored like crazy the spiritual component part. I'm not this time.

I just never realized the spiritual part could actually be tracked to having medical consequences - but it appears our brains - being truly wired differently - accutely need the backup.

It's an interesting concept. I need to think about it more. :-)
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X