Prayer request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer request

I am sitting on pins and needles as we just received a phone call that our son was in a car accident -- apparently hit by a drunk driver. He is going to be okay, but I was just telling another member here yesterday who had lost a son of their own years ago, that I didnt know if I could survive if it happened to me. And now here I am 24 hours later being awakened in the middle of the night by the phone call no parent wants to receive. I am so thankful that it sounds like he will be okay, but until the phone rings again with reassuring news, I would welcome any prayers for my family, our son and strength right now.

thank you.
    A-
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Prayer request

Hi Prest4time, I am very sorry to hear of your news I hope your son will be alright and will say a little prayer for him now, stay strong luv Keepon xxxx :h

Comment

Prayer request

Hello Prest4time,

I will pray for your son because I know exactly what you have gone through.. My son is now 28 but 11 years ago when he was 17 he was driving his first car having passed his test only a few months earlier.. He was taking a friend home and about to make a right turn when he miscalculated the speed of an oncoming lorry.. Well the lorry crashed into his car hitting the passenger side and seriously injuring his friend...

The first we heard was at about 11.30pm, the phone rang and it was the hospital to tell us our son had been admitted after a road traffic accident...

As we were on our way to the hospital we actually passed his car, it had just been loaded onto the back of a recovery vehicle and the whole passenger side had been smashed in...

Luckily the injuries to my son weren't too bad but his friend had to spend almost three weeks in hospital..

The only good thing to come out of it all was it showed my son just how fragile our lives are and how quickly they can be taken away... Thankfully now he is one of the safest drivers you could meet on the road and he drives those great big lorries for a living, so there is a reason for everything...

Love, Louise xxx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Prayer request

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Paula xx

Comment

Prayer request

Oh thank you so much!
          My son is okay short of some bruises and whiplash. I had just prayed yesterday morning and have started praying for protection over my family and children every morning and that any attempt of the enemy to bring harm to my family would be thwarted, so as upsetting as this is, I also realize that maybe had I not prayed yesterday morning, it could have been much worse. I am also thankful that it was not his fault. The other guy completely barrelled through a red light at an intersection.

Irish - I'm so thankful your son was not hurt as well and that he took the experience and made it into a positive and is such a safe driver now. I believe the same will happen with my son. He has always been a good driver and is 20, so this is his first accident. My daughter, who turned 16 last summer also had a serious accident which totaled her car, and again, not her fault. The other guy was charged with reckless driving and thankfully, no one was hurt at all then either. About two months ago, my daughter had another accident (this time it WAS her fault) and totaled the car that had just been replaced from the first accident. There again, she walked away without a scratch. So she has been without a car for the rest of this year, which has made things really hard and hectic for me having to drive her everywhere, and now my son will be without one as well with a job to work. So I am thankful for God's protection over my children through all of this year as each situation could have so easily been injurous to them had the timing been different by a split second or they were hit in a different area.

I tell them all the time that the angels I pray will protect them can only fly the speed limit, so if they go over, they have left their angels behind!

Now I just need prayer for strength as tensions are running really high around here this morning and my husband and I didnt get to bed after all this ordeal until after 4:00 this morning, and already up at 7 to start taking everybody where they have to go with school and work.

These are the situations I want to learn to allow God to bring me peace and comfort instead of turning to a crutch instead.

Thanks for listening and your prayers.
          A-

Comment

Prayer request

A.....hearts and prayers to you....
            I just read this so I'm relieved to hear he is ok.

I've been keeping an eye (from a distance) on the situation of the missing three guys in Iraq.... Their moms and families need our prayers so much.

"Having a child is like letting your heart go walking around outside of your body"....

Extra :l 's
            Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Prayer request

A,

I am so very relieved and happy that your son is OK. Praise the Lord!

My Heart was broken for you during the time you did not know.

I am sure your prayers for your children's protection moved the angelic host into action for him.

God bless!

Psalm 61: 3-7

3- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
              4- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
              5- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
              6- Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Psalm 121 5-8

5- The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
              6- The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
              7- The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8- The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
              Control the Mind

Comment

Prayer request

Thank you Southernbelle and Rocky...

Nancy, I've been thinking of you too and your quote about having children being like your heart walking around outside your body is so true.

Thanks for the encouraging scriptures Rocky. Very needed right now.

Thanks again~
                A-

Comment

Prayer request

Glad to know he is ok A~

Please keep us posted.

xoxo

Comment

Prayer request

Thanks Lucky!

All is well when the circumstances could have been so much worse. The police officers and ambulance are stunned? They said if anyone would have been in his passenger seat, they probably would not have survived. He has a pretty torn up knee.. so I am praising God and I believe prayer works!

His attitude is so humble and grateful. My daughter on the other hand is throwing fits because she still does not have a car and seeing my being compassionate to her brother as an offense to her. Teens are so complicated. Why cant they stay cute and babies??

Thank you!
                    A-

Comment

Prayer request

I am replying to my own post -- I always asked God to help them grow up so they would stop pouring Cheerios all over the floor as my wake up present. I prayed then... "God please let them get bigger so they can pick up their own Cheerios". Now I am there...

I am making them both pick up their own Cheerios. It hurts!

A-

Comment

Prayer request

Very well stated!

xoxoxo

Go shoe shopping for a distraction. It would do you good. You can always return. Just go to Nordstrom.

Comment

Prayer request

Oh dear, Prest, so glad that turned out okay. Had to attend 2 accidents with both of my kids being upside down in overturned vehicles. Neither was their fault just the speed up at the amber light in Texas. Daughter still has residual discomfort.

I am so happy he is okay.:h
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Prayer request

I just read something I think maybe should be pointed out here!
                            "Raising teenagers is like trying to nail jelly to a tree"!!! LOL
                            Such wisdom!
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Prayer request

Accidents happen

I am number six of seven kids -- in 1973 my oldest brother was 13 (there were 7 of us under the age of 12) was riding his bike and was hit by a young drunk driver -- a kid driving home from who knows where -- no helmet on my brother -- severe blow to the head and neck as he hit the windshield. No lawsuit. Just a very sad funeral. My mother has never been the same -- hence my family too.

Make a deal with your teenagers -- they can call you at ANY time and you will pick them up -- no questions asked.

I am pleased that everything is OK with your son ... LaLiz

Comment

Working...
                              X