book club? anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be very interested for sure!!! Love the idea. I have not read all the posts here but I will. I guess it depends on what book is chosen. Q: who will make the decision regarding the book?

Comment

Chrysa,

Limers gets first dibs since it was all her idea. Hart and I have already ordered it. It does look interesting and had lots of great reviews on Amazon.

limers;239832 wrote: ok, I pick how to talk to a widower by jonathan trooper....hows that for everybody?
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I like spiritually oriented books. Definitely do not wan t to do self-help books. Like novels if they have an historical or controversial theme & I learn new things. Don't like mush books that make me cry. I don;t think I will fit in here.

Comment

Chrysta

The snynopsis reads more like a humor book than sappy. Check it out...google it, then decide.

Comment

chrysa, im open to reading any book ,the book is more about a learning curve I think, give it a try and you pick next time...?

Comment

I got the book yesterday and am liking it. Tho it's kind of depressing (well he IS a widower) I can tell I'm gonna like it.

Comment

ive njust started it too hart and im feeling the same as you ,i think im going to like this one. Happy holidays...

Comment

Finished the book. Man lots of sex in it! And very funny.

Comment

that was quick ,I better log off and do some catching up.....

Comment

Limers and Hart,

I am enjoying the heck out of this book. I enjoy his writing style and am getting a kick out of the very flawed character. (Love the step-son, too.)

Just started it, though, so am way behind you two.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

im catching up Hart ,half way through and really enjoying it ...are you going to pick next seeing as you were first to the post? Glad your enjoying db2, he must have some experience of grief himself as he seems very tuned into it?

Comment

Oh I don't want to pick, let someone else. Hurry up everybody so we can talk about this. I must admit, I can read a book in a day so...........I have probably read 5 other books since that one. I read a lot while Joe watches tv, if it's military channel or building houses, etc.:H

Comment

yo hart - wanna join us on Eat Pray Love? (see Kate's thread)
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I'm in. Had a grandfather that introduced me a wonderful establishment called the "library". Started in the kids section (too many years ago) and ended up reading anything he brought home. Many of you mentioned King, Koontz, etc. Love them all. Looking forward to something that has meaning but isn't a "self-help" thing (duh!! why am I here then??).

Comment

finished it a few days ago and really, really enjoyed it ....how are you getting on db2?

Comment

Working...
                                X