Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics

Good luck Duck, Keep us informed. It is a philosphy. I did it in my 20's but must not have done it right because I had incredible energy drains at certain times during the day. I believe in it for the ultimate health.

Is it a lot of work?

BTW..my amazon account is getting overloaded thanks to you.

Comment

Thanks Tawny. I have fully researched and as of today my family will become Breathatarians.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Too bad you do not live closer frog and flop. I am cleaning out my fridge and giving my yougurt and frozen fish to my lesbian friends who still eat crap. If you were nearby, I would give it all to you!

So glad lushy has seen the light! Hallelujah!

Comment

What the hell is wrong with fish now? Lucky, you are getting on my nerves.

Comment

The best thing about Breathatarians (apart from being easy dinner guests, as already stated) is that they cough up very socially acceptable airballs.
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

We all have our fetishes. I think SS's is the expulsion and examination of hairballs! Well, ya gotta do something if you're not drinking!

Comment

Breathatarians.... I love it.

Okay, I have done the Macrobiotics for three weeks so far and I feel SO much better. My energy level is so much higher and as a former Yoplait yogurt eater, I can honestly say that I was really afraid of giving up dairy akin to a three-year-old having had their pacifier thrown in the trash.

I can testify to this "sludge" leaving my body as I have chosen to abandon my perch from under the Bessie the cow. Dairy is yummy, but there are not many cultures that continue to drink milk after weaning babies. Many of the cancers so common to the western world have been linked to the large consumption of animal fat, meat and dairy products so rich in our everyday diets. I was really disturbed by an article I read in my local paper about a month ago that shows America being like number 12 in the average age of death, whereas even five years ago we were within the top five of living the longest. We have the most advanced medical technology, but yet with the economic status we have and the availability of anything we could dream of to eat at our fingertips, we are becoming the most obese and cancer-stricken nation. Personally, with my family history, it is scaring me and that's been my motivator to make a drastic change. Macrobiotics takes a lot of time to prepare the food, but I can already tell how much better I feel, and I've lost six pounds in three weeks and I really think a lot of it is just my body detoxifying and getting rid of hairballs... or well sludge.

I need some new Breathatarian friends....
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Breathatarians.... I love it.

Okay, I have done the Macrobiotics for three weeks so far and I feel SO much better. My energy level is so much higher and as a former Yoplait yogurt eater, I can honestly say that I was really afraid of giving up dairy akin to a three year having had their pacifier thrown in the trash.

I can testify to this "sludge" leaving my body as I have chosen to abandon my perch from under the Bessie the cow. Dairy is yummy, but there are not many cultures that continue to drink milk after weaning babies. Many of the cancers so common to the western world have been linked to the large consumption of animal fat, meat and dairy products so rich in our everyday diets. I was really disturbed by an article I read in my local paper about a month ago that shows America being like number 12 in the average age of death, whereas even five years ago we were within the top five of living the longest. We have the most advanced medical technology, but yet with the economic status we have and the availability of anything we could dream of to eat at our fingertips, we are becoming the most obese and cancer-stricken nation. Personally, with my family history, it is scaring me and that's been my motivator to make a drastic change. Macrobiotics takes a lot of time to prepare the food, but I can already tell how much better I feel, and I've lost six pounds in three weeks and I really think a lot of it is just my body detoxifying and getting rid of hairballs... or well sludge.

I need some new Breathatarian friends....
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

airballs :H:H:H:H

Good one, SS!

Comment

Thanks Prest-

I think our friends have not read any material outside the biased USDA or Dairy Council advertising and that is why they hold on to the false belief that dairy is good for the body. I saw that even the dairy claims for weight loss are being pulled after a lawsuit was brought upon the Kraft congolmerate.

I just came from Whole Foods and it took me FOREVER. I already read all labels so that slows me down but I was overwhelmed by how many diff types of sea vegetables there are. Some for snacking, some for miso soup, and bigger seaweed for other dishes. And so many types of miso. I finally just grabbed one to be done with it. Have no idea which it was and it is still in grocery bag. I came home with 0 dairy. I am in love with the theory of desludging and if I have to eliminate dairy to desludge, no problem.

I am not going whole hog macro chick (though I do have the hip factor down! ) but will be probably 75%. I am quite excited about it.

Dainty Duck

P.S. My airball for SS will be worth framing.

Hey, do you all remember air ferns? Like from the 70's. What a flashback!

Comment

I still need to know what is wrong with frozen fish?

I ADORE Whole Foods but am scared to go there unless I get a raise. I could spend my life savings there. Please let me/us know if you got something really good there Duck.

And you still ain't dainty.

Your Cheese Loving Friend

Comment

What is wrong with fish? Well, I listened to a podcast just today about the inspection of fish entering the USA. The particular focus was on swordfish. The bigger the fish, the more toxins. And the fish companies get to pick the exact piece of fish to be tested for mercury and there are other bad things that are not tested for. The podcast said the only place to get fish you can be assured is good quality is in the Boston area @ a chain called Legal Fish or Legal something because they do their own testing.

And you will learn from the Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics that freezing disturbs the chi anyway. So there ya go.

And the crustacians just eat the ocean sh*t so they are not better. And you really do not know if the shrimped pooped it all out if it still has poop inside, or the clam, etc.

And after diving with octopuses all around me in Hawaii, I could never ever eat one. They are so amazing to me.

Comment

I need to talk to mags and prest to see if they really are chewing each bite of food
                            50-100x. I understand the theory but seems hard to do.

Comment

50-100x? No way. Impossible.

I agree about the fish. Most of the frozen is from China or Taiwan and that is just nasty. I thought you meant if I had wild salmon from Alaska and froze it something would go awry. Only buy wild fish. All farmed fish feed on poop from other fish because they are crammed in pens and do not have enough food so they are forced to eat the poop that comes from the fish in the top of the pen. It is awful.

Comment

i am cooking!!!! wonders never cease when sober! i am cooking black rice mixed with mahagony rice. it is now simmering in 2 cups of veggie broth for 40 minutes. this is really huge. i do not cook! the vibration of the grain energy is supposed to put me in more direct communication with the universe over time. dairy puts a film over that energy. one should also chew each bite 50x. not sure if i can do that. the flavor of the rice is supposed to be mushroomy.

maybe cooking will replace booze for me. man, i hope so. i have a $500 gift card @ macy's. tomorrow may go get new pots and pans. some of mine have teflon and that is supposed to be bad.

i could be such a purist if i did not get in my own way.

ok, i am just setting myself up for attack but i really am happy to be cooking and doing a load of laundry @ the same time. this is so unusual!

Comment

Working...
                                X