Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics

Let me know how you liked the black rice. We had it last night for dinner with peanut sauce on it. SOOOOO good.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

That ole technology beat me....I thought I put a post on here last night, but it ain't here......the airball police must have removed it :upset:

I tried that max chewing thing once...it made my jaw ache so I stopped. But that would be another plus for Breatharianismists.....airballs you can chew with no sweat.

Lucky....I've already got the frame. Send me the airball as soon as you can.

Oh...and this is day 14 AF....yippee!!
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Duck,
        I manage to get up to about 40 chews and nothing is left in my mouth.... thus the goal for optimum nutrition gathering from what I have chewed... are we on the same wave?

Was that not a crack up when she talked about (in the Hip Chic book) about people staring at her because her eyes were glazed over and she was chewing the same mouthful of food... I'm sorry, but she's a hoot.

My eyes dont get glazed over and I literally counted for a few days... this IS a lot of work! :H

PS: my new potato sub is rutabegas... they are ugly as sin, but so yum and surprisingly sweet! Love em!
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Oh My Dog! As Flip would say. I got it...you people are reincarnates from the 60's. Or Age of Aquarius souls. Love it!!

I cannot sleep due to hip pain..so I'm OK ..drank a little/lot...but took an olmifoln early in the day to make me sharper...I am sensitive I guess so with the pain & that, I am awake..oh well...

I love these macro /veggie recipes & ideas. I think each person needs to find their balance diet at that particular time in their life..life changes are constant. I am very happy to receive all these recipes right now.

Diet for a Small Planet was a cool organic cookbook..balanced lots of protein from grains & soy for kids & young Moms...I still use the bread recipes during the holidays...

Like suze, et al..I too have eliminated dairy except for occasional eggs & I do feel more energy. Do need the fish for protein.. I need less protein as I am older & not interested in building muscle..just maintaining..I don't know about macro for young people though...look at how non-athletic & bit chubby our Asian-Indian friends are...you don;t need muscle to be a Hindu & meditate on top the mountain..but we are westerners --extreme active & stress lifestyles....is there a difference? I am seriou s..what do you think?

Comment

chrysa;196682 wrote:
            ..I too have eliminated dairy except for occasional eggs
            This is why I love Chrysa!

A peer, a soul sister, a kindred spirit. I LOVE Chrysa!

Comment

This thread is just wonderful.

I have, fired by Lucky's enthusiasm, and knowledge, ordered the book.

I wanna be a soul sista!

My cows have stopped laying though so may have to look into alternatives for that.

Comment

... reminds me of that old Aussie proverb ... "Useless as mammary glands on a chicken's back"

Comment

I got that book really cheap on Abebooks (and also the skinny bitch one) and it's got some great ideas.....it's made me buy silken tofu again - gonna try the mayo recipe any day now :H

Chrysa, I an undecided about the protein thing. I know we usually eat way too much in this rich half of the world...but we certainly need a reasonable amount for the body to repair itself etc. Sometimes I find the volume of macro-type stuff is overwhelming...beans, veg etc. When I was a raw food eater for a while (it didn't last lol) I had to eat so much to feel satisfied for any length of time. It fills you up at the time, but an hour later you want to eat again. That's natural for stone-age man I guess - hunting and gathering and cultivating, you probably just 'grazed' a lot - but it's hard to fit into our sort of lives.

I still firmly believe that farmed meat is not good for us (or the planet) and it's best not to eat it, and other than that I think that avoiding dairy is the no. 1 dietary change that makes a real difference.

Darn it, though, my hens made excellent cheese on their days off......
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Love you too Tawn..from the very beginning...

Comment

Working...
                    X