Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Carr

I agree with Kim --

Allen Carr's book made a world of difference for me in the way I view alcohol. It helped me to stop seeing it as something I need or desire and has been pivotal in removing my psychological cravings.

After all, why would I crave poison?

And may God bless him.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Allen Carr

Just nearing completion of the book. You do need to keep notes--there is no index. One explanation that struck a chord for me and which he stresses several times is: Alcohol simultaneously dehydrates and inebriates---> both support and encourage you to take another drink.

Cap

Comment

Allen Carr

LOVE the book and suggest it to all who want the monkey off their back.

Comment

Allen Carr

I finally got a copy of this book, and read it all very quickly.

It was easy reading for me, since it seemed as if the author had peered right into my frame of mind. All I can say is that Allen Carr had the mental aspect of the thing right on precise target.

I got another book with the Allen Carr book, out of the martial arts section called "Mind Control" which I'm reading now. It is more of a ruthless essay on how others make us think the way they want us to think. Definitely not very pleasant or light reading, and rather disturbing a lot of the time.

I mention it, because Allen Carr descirbes social "brainwashing" many times regarding the alcohol issue in our societies. The methods the booze pushers use are ruthless, and cruel in the extreme. I re-read my thread on the hammers, and chuckled a bit. It may be more true than I thought when I wrote it.

Gaining control of the thoughts in our own brains is great first step. Allen Carrs book has got my highest recommendation if you just want to stop the madness cold in its tracks.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Allen Carr

not much to add as i have not read theBOOK!!

but it sound similar in vein to i book i've been clutching to for a while its caleed :stop drinking 4 life easily!, by Jason Vale its an easy but the at very powerfull book.

Comment

Working...
            X