A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey All, Tonight is the first "Webinare" on Oprah.com with Eckart Tolle and Oprah........I have my workbook ready to go......can't wait!

xxKateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I am ready too Kate! See you in class!

Comment

Too heady for me. Why can't people just write in simple, profound terms? I have read some of his other books (or tried to at least) and it took me an hour to read two pages. I think I need to evolve more, but I look forward to hearing what you all think.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Duck!!! I am blown away, goose bumps! So glad to know that you were there as well!! Did you love it! I learned so much, took notes!! XXXXXX Kate

Lushy, Honestly, you should tune in next week or go to the website and watch tomorrow! This is truly life changing! XXX

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

OKay, okay, I will. I don't have the book yet but I am sure I will get something out of it..

Comment

Now don't get pissy with me, Lushy........this will be good for you....Honest it will!!! Go to the website tomorrow and watch it!!!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

There were too many people on the webinar and it kept cutting out for me so I will have to watch it on oprah.com today but will for sure. All I learned last night was the bit about flowers and their lack of density and how that makes them part of the spirit world. Made me think about why we take flowers to funerals. I think it for a deeper reason than just because they are pretty.

The Christ-consciousness has been of interest to me for a very long time. Look forward to hearing more about that today on her website.

I liked that Tolle said "religion can either transport you to sprituality or shackle you." Those may not have been his exact words but you get the point.

I read a few pages in the book last night about ego. I do believe the book has the power to be life transforming, and believe me, I need transformed!

xo

Comment

All of that was interesting for sure.

My favorite topic was "Being still and being present"......really hit home with me! I also think that this exercise is really helpful with dealing with alcohol.

Lucky......yep! We are in the beginning of our Transformation!! Hooray!!

xxKH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

PS....I hope Lushy reads the chapter on Ego......lol!! Of course, even if she does, she will think that, the chapter is referring to her "not so loyal".......subjects!!!!!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kate,

I just requested to join a local group reading the book. Go to oprah.com and there are groups everywhere you can join if interested. I am excited!

Comment

OK...that sounds like fun! I will check it out!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

There was even a thread @ oprah.com about 12 steps and the book. I detest 12 steps but love a spiritual approach to things. This book is the ticket for me. I plan to read his others too. Well, there really is not one ticket. All things fit together.

I watched the whole show on itunes today as I took a walk looking @ all the trees blooming with new life for spring. And the sun was shining. Very nice walk.

Oprah got some bad feedback for talking too much during the webinar. Must have been her ego. lol

Comment

You know, I noticed that Oprah did that too. I really wanted to hear from Eckart. The funny thing is that Oprah did make fun of her ego!

I am glad you finally got to see it. I was working on my lessons too, like controlling my attitude in traffic!....LOl

But seriously, I do believe this is the next step for me in my sobriety..today is day 47!! I truly believe that in order to stay conciouse and sober. I need to dwell and expand all of the good and stay away from the negative!

Be Well My Friend!
                            K

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I used to be the biggest O supporter and now I cannot stand her. She talks too much, asks irrelevant questions, talks about how much money she has, although I do love her magazine still. BUT I will listen to this webinar so Kate does not hound me and make fun of my ego, of which I have absolutely none. I don't even know what ego is.

Lucky, are you going to meet up with a bunch of strangers? I did that years ago for a cooking club and while I did get one good friend out of it and we are still friends the rest of them were crackers. Oh wait, that sounds like us. Never mind, you will fit right in.

Comment

Yes, there are 7 members of the group already and the facilitator received 5 e-mails yesterday from newbies asking to join. It is 10 min from my house and it is only for 9 weeks since I missed week 1. If I don't like it, I won't go back. I need to get out of my rut and make new friends. I asked what I could bring and kind of expected to be told a bottle of wine but was not. This will be different for sure! Getting drunk really does screw up a spiritual path so I am not surprised. I guess we will drink tea. I will report back. It is Sunday night. I may drive by the house today just to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X