A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lushy, I can certainly understand how one as humble as yourself would be offended by such an Ego as Oprah.....but press on sweet Lushy and remember it is all about the "message".....................(woops! need to go heave!!...LOL) No, really......the message in this book is truly life changing!

Lucky, I will be anxious to hear of your experience!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hey Lucky, are you saying that you found a discussion group with real live people? Can you send the link from Oprah.com on how you found it?
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Excuse me MOW, are you infering that we are neither "real" nor "live?"

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Yes, MOW - real LIVE people! I will have to spend more time in the oprah.com site to find the link and I don't have the time right now. I did become a member of the site and maybe you have to be a member to view the discussion group links. Gotta shower and get out the house now-

Let me know if you still cannot find the link and I will spend more time over the week-end trying to find it for you-

Comment

Oh Kate, you folks here are more real and live to me than most people I know.

Lucky, thanks, but don't worry about it. I've decided (as part of my renewed commitment to be a non-drinker) to get the book this weekend, watch last Monday's online 'class' and get with the program. I'll look around the site to see if there are any book groups in my area.

Comment

OK guys.......Someone sent me this link.....Please don't shoot me....I'm just a messanger...... What do you all think??
              :hNancy
              Check it out:
              http://www.crosswalk.com/books/11569754/

A New Earth
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Nancy, I just read this article. I think I'll let my thoughts mellow before I tell you what I think. Or maybe it would be best for me to keep my thoughts to myself.

Comment

Hi Nancy, please read the book. As to the article: I too shall keep my thoughts to myself.
                  *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

I am enjoying the book very much, and had to download the class as a podcast to get the full uninterrupted flow. Organized religion has its place and there are many minions who derive their spirituality from their faith. There are also many who use faith as a way to justify destroying others as this book discusses. A New Earth does not disuade you from your belief system, it just enhances your life, plain and simple, if you can stop and look around and live in this moment, look at the beauty around you, you can find peace within yourself. Yes the Buddhists and Monks tried to impart this message for eons, but now maybe in this format many are ready to listen, and it can only be good.
                    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

hmmmm. I saw that article before. What do I think. I think that there is a lot to learn. For me, organized religion is a vacumm. I could go on....but I won't, not in this forum.

I think that Suzanna describes my thoughts here to a tee.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

WOW.
                        I just watched the class on oprah.com, after finishing the first chapter. I've heard, read, thought most of these ideas before - but Eckhart's presentation of the concepts and the discussion in the online class will surely help to propel me into further development, consciousness, awareness and peace.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Comment

MOW, the second class was great! They seemed to fix all the bugs in the webcast and Oprah was not speaking as much as she did last week, so it was good. Are you all enrolled? It's kinda neat to think we are all in class together.
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Suz, I signed in but was too late. I thought it started at 7 in my time zone but it started at 6. That's okay tho, cuz i just finished the second chapter late last night. LOVE the second chapter btw. I have read and learned much about ego over the years, but Eckhart's take on it gave a clearer perspective.
                            I'll watch the second class some time this week, and next Monday I'll tune in on time.
                            (glad to hear that O isn't talking so much)

Comment

I was so disappointed, I could not enter the second class. I have no idea why? But, I will watch it on the Web. Suzanna, I too love the idea that we are in this class together!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Beautifully put, Renegade....Thank you. I too have hear Marrianne Williamson speak and have read a couple of her books. I appreciate her openess in regards to "The Path".

Tolle himself does not claim to have "Thought the Ideas In His Book up", he said that it is basicly the "Same Message", that has been written many times, by many authors in the past, but written in such a way, that people who are "now open", to the message might "Hear It". I appreciate his delivery and I am gaining much and growing much from this book and the seminars.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X