The Easy Way to Stop Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for Easy Way book to arrive. I read the Allen Carr easy way out for smokers hoping the information and lessons would transfer. I am on day 4 AF. Hoping to embrace the fact I don't have to put poison down my throat at the usual witching hour because I have escaped the misery and slavery of Alcohol for another day. Here's to a sober night!

Comment

Any personal reviews of this book from any one ?
      I would like to give it a read.
      chino hills boot camp

Comment

Hi I finished reading the book on 3rd April and have not had a drink scince . Thats close to a twenty year record for me. I feel great and dont intend to drink in the future, the book totally did it for me.

Comment

Maali

that makes me so unbelievably hopeful!

I finally got the book in the mail this week and started reading it. I am keeping an OPEN mind and trying to really embrace what the message is. So far I am really enjoying the book.

Very proud of you!!!!

Meechie

Comment

I just finished the book for my second time (first time was last year). I've quit for week so far. It's the only book that has made sense to me. And I've probably read about 5 different books on this subject (including the Big Book). I did email the Allen Carr web site to see if there's some kind of audio, so I'll wait and see on that. But I really dont think one's availible. I'll also look into that Wayne Dyer CD.

But Yes, last year I quit for a month with the book. I remember that month being very clear and happy, more than any other month. Ha!! I just had forgot about the lessons and slipped, which he will warn you about.

Comment

Good luck Johaven, its easy to forget when we get a bit of time under our belts. Last night I was feeling a little flat when I saw people celebrating with drink but today I feel like ive won another little battle in a way and I am fresh and they probably feel like crap! Try Jason Vales 'kick the drink easily', its very like Allen Carrs without all the analogies the fly trap and so on. I read both and found Jason Vales very, very great! Good luck Johaven and keep us posted to how your getting on .
              Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

Thanks Mizz Fitt. I will look into Jason Vales. Today in Saturday and I feel great!! I'm going to start by cleaning my house up. Hard to believe that for the last year every Satuday would be spent hungover sitting around not being able to barely move.

Comment

How are you doing Johaven....? How did the rest of the easter go for you?
                  Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

After the mess I've made I found the book and will be re-reading it now! I need to quit!
                    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

How's Liz?

Comment

I'm about halfway thru the book; usually puts me to sleep. Ah, glad I wrote that as when I don't drink I have trouble sleeping - this might be my answer. This book is one I'm glad I borrowed from library. We'll see if I feel differently once I've finished it.

TMH
                        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

I'm reading this book once again. I was discouraged since the ideas in it did not click one hundred percent the first 2 times I read it over the course of 3 years. I am bumping this up because I would like to hear from people who this book has worked for in the past and those people who have had to read it several times before they really got it. What were your experiences?

Comment

I wanted to add, that after the 2-3 time it just kept making sense, but one other thing in addition to Alan Carrs book that has helped me, is take a good look at your diet. It seems for me, that drinking made me crave sugar and too much junk food, comfort food. When I finally quit drinking, I changed my diet and started eating healthy, so I feel much better, and I try to get some kind of exercise daily, walking, riding my bicycle, this all promotes well being, and the I realized that "No I really don't need to drink to feel good or relax" This is how others do it!

re read the Book if you have to and get in shape, ask for help from the True God, its worked for me.

Comment

Hi BS (maybe I shouldn't put that - LOL), I too have read the book and it DID work for me! I know the Jason Vale book is is fashion right now, but the Carr book just resonated with me. he does repeat stuff - but he is doing that for a reason - he changes ones mindset!! I will never drink again. I have read his book three times at least and picked it up and looked at my highlighted passges a number of times too. My brother also quit with the help of this book. Everyone is different I know but this book is worth a read - don't expect magic words - there are none - but it does work if you give it a chance.

Sun
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Guys this book worked 100% for me.
                                It made perfect sense to me and will work if you have the mindset to really believe what he is saying. Its not for everyone as we all think differently. I had used his method 15 years earlier for stopping smoking so totally had faith in the method.

Taking the Alcohol Moster as a third party really helped and I used to have a lot of fun ranting at him and telling him to get the hell out my life, I'd swear and name call him and tell him I refused to listen to his whining about wanting a drink! I'd make up rants such as "you slimey maggot infested shit smelling piece of filth, there is NO way Im giving you your fix, you can rot in hell!" :H
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X