Potatoes not Prozac, by DesMaisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...so i looked at her website. I love breakfast. even with hangovers..i always wanted breakfast in the morning. i wonder if that means that i dont fit this category. i have always eatern 3 solid meals. i drink alot of regular coke when im not drinking. coke used to be the only sugary thing i wanted but when im not drinking i also look for ice cream etc. i may try the potato tonight

Comment

I guess this is an old topic, but I'll respond anyway. I read this book years ago. I don't remember if I was trying to quit drinking or just trying to stabilize my then undiagnosed ADHD.

I do remember it was helpful at least as far as being aware of different foods effect you. I also remember one time when I was AF, and eating a lot of homemade Christmas candy on an empty stomach, and I swear I got a buzz- very close to what an alcohol buzz feels like.

I do recommend checking this book out.

As a side note, one reason (of many) I like this site is that the holistic and nutritional approach are emphasized.

Ironically (or not) my father was an an alcoholic and my mother a self taught natural healer of sorts.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
      X