Face to Face Kishline, Audrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks -- I need all the help I can get.

What happened with your DUI, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

DeeBee, thank you for being here for me today. I was a real wreck for a while there. I have not even looked at that book since this afternoon. I put it in a library bag and shoved it under my bed. Not sure when I will have the courage to look at it again.

I just have not been doing very well at all lately, on a number of fronts. Sorry to clog up the thread.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I have had activity on the DUI front just today. I went to court for my pre-trial hearing today, and the DA wouldn't budge on the charges (no plea dealing whatsoever) so my attorney recommended that I go ahead and plead not guilty and set a trial date. He believes that they may still offer some plea bargain to a somewhat lesser charge (still alcohol related but a bit less of an offense) sometime between now and the actual trial date, so I'm still in the waiting game. Bit disappointing but at least no news is good news I guess.

I did have my DMV administrative hearing just last week and the did revoke my license for 30 days, then tomorrow I have the joy of having one of those breathalyzers installed in my vehicle as a condition of even getting my license back after those 30 days are up, which stays in my car for at least another 4 months after that.

This contraption has to be blown into to start my car, then will beep every 2-15 minutes while the car is running and has to be blown into within 30 seconds or the car will come to a dead stop, right there on the road and the lights and horn will go continuously until the cops come and arrest you once again for violation of the device. Charming.

But that is the fate for a drunk driver! One that has been "convicted" by an administrative process, mind you, and has not even had her day in court per the actual legal process of the district court which is still pending where I am supposedly innocent until proven guilty.

and YES, this is my first offense and I have a sparkling clean driving and criminal record otherwise, never had any other arrest of any other kind in my whole life.

Oh wait, I'm not bitter or anything though, and I'm putting on my Big Girl Pants and getting over it as best I can... :H

Comment

OMG, Scrubbly. You and I need to talk on the phone. (if you are ok with that.) My DUI was in 1995, so 14 years ago. Now, in Ohio, they have a stipulation, and I don't think it is for the 1st offense, but they give you SPECIAL license plates, yellow with red numbers, and in a different pattern than the regular plates, that you have on your car for a certain # of years. My husband's elderly aunt jokingly calls them "party plates." It is total Scarlet Letter humiliation -- how can this work? What is the psychological justification? I think it is horrific, even in the face of Audrey Kishline (who I am sure the Ohio officials have no clue about).

Can you drive to work?

Good for you on the BGP. God I am not there.

Love ya, sweetie.

Comment

Oi CS!! I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full my friend!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Update

I am about halfway thru this book. I stayed up till 3 AM last Sat. reading it. I only read a bit just now. It is probably one of the most powerful things I have read. (Audrey's father's name is the same as my son's.)

Anyway, I am AF tonight; I took an Antabuse this afternoon, so I will be AF for at least a few days. Things have been extremely busy, and I gotta clear my head. Thanks for everything, DeeBee, Scrubbly and everyone else.

Comment

I just finished this book tonight. Scrubs, I agree with you -- I found the ending surprising and discouraging. Just goes to show you how hard of a beast this is to beat.

Right now though, I am worried because my 18 year old stepson went out with a friend at 9:30, saying he wouldn't be gone long; it's now almost 1 and I can't get hold of him.

Comment

Working...
                X