Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something about the charm of the sweet but sassy southern girl, Catherine Grace Cline, that made 'Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen' a very enjoyable read for me. Growing up in Ringgold, GA, Catherine spends her whole childhood waiting for the day when she can pack up and move to the big city. She and her sister, Ruth Ann, religiously go to the Dairy Queen each week to sit at the picnic table and enjoy their Dilly Bars. It is there where Catherine looks beyond Taylor's Ridge and formualtes her dreams of a better life somewhere else. When Catherine returns home for a family matter, her world is turned upside down when she is greeted by some unexpected surprises. Charming, witty, and entertaining, "Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen" is a great choice for a fun adventure. I look forward to reading more novels written by Susan Gregg Gilmore.
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

I'll add it to the list, PA. Reading "The Forgotten Garden" now, and really enjoying it! I'm passing it on to my daughter when I'm done (if it doesn't turn out the big secret is too dark--Eliza has just gotten to Blackhurst, and it's weirdly creepy). xoxo Pride
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Working...
    X