books on high functioning alcoholism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered book 'understanding high functioning alcoholics' - anyone read it?

Is there anything else you would recommend on this subject?

I have read Caroline Knapp 'drinking a love story'.
    one day at a time

Augusten Burroughs Dry
    What did I do last night Tom Sykes
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thanks - read 'dry' - will try 'what did i do last night' as well
      one day at a time

Comment

Cleaning up by Tanya Glyde. Its excellent for high functioning alcoholics and its a great one for women. There were whole sections that I felt had been written for me. I ordered it into Ireland from Amazon. Its my favourite recovery book so far. I am going to put it away for a while then read it again. There is only one downside to it for me. The author has a sex addiction or some big issues anyway with sex/promiscuity(not suprising when you read about her father!) Anyway this kind of got in the way of my enjoyment some times but there are some paragraphs that are so good that it is still worth it. She excels when she talks about growing up in a repressed over critical home and the way this shaped her as an adult.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Working...
        X