Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spilling the Beans

Spiiling the Beans by Clarissa Dickinson Wright

What a fabulous story of one womans fight against alcohol, she was that drunk over a decade she had no idea that the Falklands War had happened, it was only years later in rehab that she found out!! The book is full of pain, sadness but also extremely funny. I take my hat off to her - if she can do it so can I

.......... Clarissa has lived her life on a grand scale. Her mother was an Australian heiress, her father a brilliant surgeon. But he was also a tyrannical and violent drunk. Clarissa was determined and clever though and her ambition led her, at the age of 21, to be the youngest woman ever called to the Bar.

Shortly after, disaster struck when her adored mother died suddenly and Clarissa's grief led to a mind-numbing decade of over-indulgence during which she drank and partied away her entire enormous inheritance. It was a long hard road to recovery - and in the end it was cooking that brought her success, as one half of the much-loved TV partnership Two Fat Ladies, as well as sobriety and peace.

Spilling the beans is Clarissa's extraordinary story of a life lived passionately and resolutely on her own terms.............
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Spilling the Beans

Just booked this in the Libary!
    Thank you Panno
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Spilling the Beans

Anyone else reading anything good???

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Spilling the Beans

I LOVED THAT BOOK Panno - she was amazing!! Strange one at the moment Oney - A town like Alice by Neville Shute - really oldfashioned but really appealing, am glued at the mo.!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Spilling the Beans

Gonna reserve that too Molly, I am reading Stolen Child by Laura Elliot, enjoying it.

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
          X