Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sobering truth

The Sobering Truth About Life As an Alcoholic

I havent read this one yet. I just came across the title tonight but its marked for the future.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

The sobering truth

I checked it out, this part of the intro really hit home for me.

The Sobering Truth explores what happens when an alcoholic first realizes that he or she is in serious trouble, how alcohol changes your personality, eventually makes you drunk and what happens when your body and mind begin to die from acute alcohol poisoning and chronic alcohol poisoning.

Especially this part

when your body and mind begin to die from acute alcohol poisoning and chronic alcohol poisoning.

Thanks Coal, I think I will put it on my list too
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

The sobering truth

Thank you for posting the link CoalFire. This quote just stopped me in my tracks !

"When you read some of the side effects of alcohol consumption, you'll be horrified - and immediately sobered. As Dr. Herten explains in great detail, overuse of alcohol can bring on deadly cancers of the colon, liver, breast and esophagus, rot the bones, corrode the stomach lining, suppress your immune system and erode your memory."

I just ordered the book from AMAZON and will start reading it as soon as it arrives.

Miss O.
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
      X