Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking-a love story

Drinking, A Love Story

I am reading "Drinking, A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp right now - almost finished. I too, would encourage the read. It is gut truth and intelligent. It really helps motivate. She cleverly exposes the subtle forces that drive drinking behavior and at the same time explains the hidden life-chaos that results. It's also 'just a story', so it reads along, not being scientific, or packed with theories to prove, or challenging to read. But it IS 'spot on'.

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Thanks for all the info I will get these books as I enjoy reading and need some inspiration to get started thanks again

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I bought this book about 2 years ago just a few days before I landed myself in hospital with a drink-related concussion. It's a great book. I was gutted when I read recently that she had died. I'd recommend this book, definitely.
        AF since 13th July 2010
        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I also loved Dry and Drinking a Love Story. both authors tell the terrible tale of life out of control from alochol. Austen Burroughs has even gone so far to post the pictures of his aparment full of scotch bottles on his web site. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Drinking-a love story

sidney;957761 wrote: I also loved Dry and Drinking a Love Story. both authors tell the terrible tale of life out of control from alochol. Austen Burroughs has even gone so far to post the pictures of his aparment full of scotch bottles on his web site. Any other suggestions?
            Do you have the link? Funny how those tales are not all that shocking to an alkie like me. I enjoyed his book.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Drinking-a love story

FYI -- There is a book that has been recently published written by Gail Caldwell about her friendship with Caroline Knapp called "Let's Take the Long Way Home". I have not read it but heard a discussion of the book on NPR. Sounds like they had a remarkable friendship and shared many things, including alcoholisim, dogs and exercise.

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Bought the book a few days ago. A compelling read so far. I am on chapter six titled " Sex". God. I relate to her so much. Makes me cringe!!
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                X