The Paris Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Paris Wife

It's the story of Ernest Hemingways (first) wife. It's written so well, from her perspective. It's fast-moving and funny! As usual, I can't remember the author. TG for Google. LOL
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

The Paris Wife

K9, I loved the Paris Wife. Of course my attention was very drawn to how much the whole Hemmingway crowd drank in those days

Comment

The Paris Wife

Looking-
      I noticed that too...I am only on page 36 and they've been drunk the whole time! Oy...it's very glamourized too, no descriptions of puking and hangovers of course. Ah well, it's still a good book and I can look past their drinkin'...I just know it's not for me!

Comment

The Paris Wife

I loved the Paris Wife as well...Paula Mclain I believe is the author.

Comment

The Paris Wife

After reading the Paris Wife, my book club read Hemmingway's The Son Also Rises (which I had never read before). It's an intersting account of much of the same people and scenarios, mostly the bullfights in Spain. Hemmingway excluded his wife completely in that story though. It's a great read, especially if you've read the Paris Wife

Comment

The Paris Wife

LFP - I wanted to read Hemmingway's book, that's the one he was writing in The Paris Wife and she knew she had been excluded completely. I have mixed feelings about the book now that I've finished it. I can't believe she allowed him to have an affair. I lost respect for her when I saw how she handled that situation. It was a good book, but it made me kind of sad....she was way too good for him...I don't care WHO he is.

Comment

Working...
            X