The Power - Rhonda Byrne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Power - Rhonda Byrne

Only just started reading "The secret " by Ronda Byrne ( I've called the title of this thread "The Power" , which is actually its sequel, I meant to writen The Secret, but I'm unable to edit the title!) Someone mentioned the film The Secret on MWO and how it helped them be more positive / grateful. I am keen to avoid deprivation thoughts (on not drinking alcohol) and replace them with gratitude thoughts ( grateful that I am sober / not drinking AL any more) and I thought this book may change my mindset so I downloaded it onto my Kindle.

Only just started it, so too early to say , but seems very interesting so far. Will update again later when I've finished it, but would be interested to know others thoughts on it and also the film, and also it's sequel The Power if anyone has read this also.

The Power - Rhonda Byrne

I LOVED it, made me think anything was possible...and it is
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

The Power - Rhonda Byrne

Sausage, these books and cd are really good; I first came across them about 2 years ago. I was in a desperate place and felt there was no way out. I was recommended a book called 'The Power of the subconscious mind' by Joseph Murphy - an excellent read. This sparked my interest and The Secret was next on my list.
      I found it very interesting - opened my eyes to a lot of things. There are many quotes from the bible which are really explained well - I felt so many moments of 'oh yes, now I get it...'
      People through history are quoted here and it shows that the reason for their great success was a deep belief that they could do what they put their minds to.
      I can definitely say that this was a major stepping stone to me changing my life....
      I try not to engage in negativity as that is inviting more of the same, but focus on positive things as that is what I want more of; like I say, trying, a work in progress !
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

The Power - Rhonda Byrne

bump

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The Power - Rhonda Byrne

we create our reality--hard to realize why sometimes--and hard work sometimes--but doable
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
          X