Dry by Augusten Burroughs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I read 'Dry' I have it on my shelf, I must re-read it. I think I enjoyed it. Wasn't sure about 'running with scissors'- I certainly would not give it to my mother to read!! He is funny at describing the most appalling things and making them sound like no biggie. *goes off to bookshelf*
    'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
    From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

I just read dry a few nights ago - devoured the whole book in a single evening.
      LOVED it.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Wonderful and truthful memoir! One of my favorite boks of all time! I actually got to meet him this spring at a book signing, I found him to be very frank and down to Earth. It was way cool.

Guy
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Did,
          Thanks for the suggestion- it sounds like something I might enjoy. I have not read a single book regarding the subject of AL yet. I'm only 12 days new to this site and program-8 Days AF. I think the time has come to do some heavy reading. kriger
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi guys,
            ditto on what krigo had to post -sounds like a good read.
            :h
            Bandit
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Working...
            X